Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

i have a 2006 938G Series 2 loader . I hooked up my 10 power…

Customer Question
i have a 2006 938G...
i have a 2006 938G Series 2 loader . I hooked up my 10' power angle plow and it seems like there is not enough pressure in the hydraulics to angle the plow . Is ther an adjustment valve to increase the hydraulic flow ?

Thanks

Barry

Excel Paving Co
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
12/22/2012
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 9 years ago
Dan, Technician

Customer:

Hi my name isXXXXX will try to help. What is the serial number of your machine? Your relief valve on that circuit is where you would adjust your pressure by using a hydraulic test gauge to set the pressure. Your plow will not angle at all? We can post back and forth until all your questions are answered.

Customer :

No Where is the adjustment for the hydraulic pressure.

Mechanic: LShull, Technician replied 9 years ago
LShull
LShull, Technician
Hi, my name isXXXXX might be able to help. The main relief is for all valves. So if the raise and tilt functions are working, the relief is not the problem. If you are running this plow from the auxiliary 3rd valve, make sure you have moved the diverter valve to the correct position. If you have had this plow working before, you may have debris in the line relief valves for the auxiliary circuit. They are located below the 3rd valve spool.

Hope this helps

Lloyd

The other expert is basically saying the same thing I said which is to check the relief valve in "that" circuit. the cartridge is removable and is on the auxillary valve bank. Remove the relief and inspect it for debris that would be causing it to stick open, damaged o rings, and be sure there is no damage to thr poppet and springs inside and everything moves freely. I usually use a blunt punch to move the poppet ( be careful not to damage the machined surfaces) . If the relief was already set at the specified pressure prior to this and your plow was working then your problem is most likely in that circuit relief. Follow your high pressure lines back to your control valve and it will lead yo to the correct valve bank for that circuit. The relief will be threaded into the control valve in line with the auxiliary spool. There will be a jam nut at the top of the relief cartridge and an adjusting screw. You will need to tee in a 5000PSI pressure gauge to check and set your pressure which will likely be within the 2200 to 2500PSI range. If your plow was installed and working before then I would not change your relief adjustment...... Remove and inspect the cartidge as I mentioned prior. I hope this helps. Reply back if you need further help with this and Happy Holidays