Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

hi i have a hyundai robex lc3(NNN) NNN-NNNN2000 and when it is…

Customer Question
hi i have a hyundai...
hi i have a hyundai robex lc3(NNN) NNN-NNNN2000 and when it is working it alot of blue blowes black outa the engine but does not burn any engine oil or use water any ideas
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
11/30/2012
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 9 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman
Hi I'm Wayne,
I will help you with this,
Good Evening

this is a injector problem, you have worn/bad injectors,
that is exactly what would happen

is ther any way of checking this how do u know its not the injector pump

Hi
Reason I know that it is not the injector pump
is that will not cause a over fueling,
only injectors will
to check , remove all injectors , take to a pump shop , and they will check spray Pattern
this is the only way to check

hi went to shop today and the checked and cleaned the ingectors and they wer perfect when i fired it up again same problem its fine when its ideling but when working black smoke everywhere

Hi
When you removed the injectors,
to check spray pattern, what pressure did they pop of at
in the Tester

have not got a clue but the guy at the shop said it definitely not my problem because if it was there would be a rough idle and blach smoke while reved and not working

Hi
Thank you for that

How many miles you have on engine
so we know it's not injectors
and you say bluish, black smoke

well its a excavator so its hours and thers about 4500 hours could it be the turbo

Hi Thank you for that
Sorry for the delay
that would equate to 270K miles
so next things I would suggest
valve adjustment,
make sure air filtration system has no clogged , dented pipes , restrictions
Turbo , would lack of power, and blow oil from Exhaust stack
so No Not that

thats no problem,ya no oil out of exhaust,would valve adjustment be a big job? and thanks for the help

Hi
No valve adjustment is pretty easy , about 30-45 min
let me know what engine you have , model,make I will give you the Specs
don;t forget to check the intake system
this will cause a black smoke also