Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have an ex 200 lc excavator that the boom will no go up or…

Customer Question
I have an ex 200...
I have an ex 200 lc excavator that the boom will no go up or down but all other functions seem to work. What could be causing this?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/27/2012
Mechanic: dieseldan55, Mechanic replied 9 years ago
dieseldan55
dieseldan55, Mechanic
dieseldan55 :

Hi my name is ***** ***** I work with the Volvo line of excavators. What I might suggest is happening is either you pilot control is not moving the main spool, or you have a holding valve that is bad. Can you hear the machine lug down when you move the boom controls? If not then I would verify the boom spool pilot pressure at the spool, or swap out the bucket pilot line to see if you can make it function. This would tell you if it is i your pilot pressure or not. Just follow the lines from the cylinders back to the Control valve and that will put you onto the spools in question.

JACUSTOMER-1v12lccs- :

We already switched the lines and that didn't make it work. And no it does not lug down when you move the control. It does lug down when u move other controls to the end of the cylinder stroke and if you hold that control then the boom will raise and lower but very slow

dieseldan55 :

Can you swap out the port reliefs between the bucket and boom?

dieseldan55 :

When you swapped the lines, did the bucket work with the boom servo lines connected? Can you verify the servo pressure to ensure it is in the 500 psi range, possible servo is low and not enough pressure to move the boom. Where the bucket and stick have less mass they will still operate at lower pressures. You could just tap into the pressure at the spool control line.

dieseldan55 :

The other item I would check is the hydraulic filter for packing materials, and the spool itself for movement.

dieseldan55 :

Also can you feel any oil flowing through the boom cylinder when activating the circut, and it the barrel getting warm?