Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have 2002 873 bobcat skid loader turn on key and all the…

Customer Question
I have 2002 873 bobcat...
I have 2002 873 bobcat skid loader turn on key and all the dash warning and alarms start flashing starter wont turn over ether
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
11/18/2012
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 9 years ago
Dan, Technician

HeavyEquipmentTech :

Hi my name is Dan. I will try to help. Check all your safety switches, fuses, and test for power to your starter solenoid small "S" terminal with someone holding the ignition switch in the cranking position. If there is power there and the starter motor will not crank with good batteries and connections, than your starter is faulty. If there is no power there then check your harness and switches back ytou your ignition switch. Test you batteries for a full charge and internal condition with a digital battery tester. Clean/tighten all connections from your battery to your starter, alternator, etc. including all grounds. I hope this helps. Let me know the results and if you need further help with this

JACUSTOMER-weizhbz5- :

I know that but why. is all the lights flashing off on the dash panels and buzzer going off the starter not the problem some thing electrical wont let the rest work start turns over on bench the bobcat book say the controller bad something over ridding every thing making all indicator light flashing thank you with this

HeavyEquipmentTech :

Ok thanks for the update. Im on my way out for a family gathering but if you could post your serial number and a more detailed summary about the chain of events here an the symptoms would be helpful in helping you diagnose this further and knowing what you already checked that way I can be sure you get the correct information for your machine

JACUSTOMER-weizhbz5- :

The bobcat started a week or so i parked when done. Then try to start the other day . Turn key on and then all indicator lights started flashing and buzzer went off as soon as turned key on. #1 let glow plugs warm motor. #2then start motor and drive! s/n 51415055 G - series 873 2002 talk later im older and work on old semi trucks not this newer controller things . Thank you rev scruff

JACUSTOMER-weizhbz5- :

I found the problem traced wires to BICS found something chewed on wires making short on frame