Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

The gage cluster on my 1995 CAT 950F wheel loader quit

Customer Question
working recently. I have...
The gage cluster on my 1995 CAT 950F wheel loader quit working recently. I have no lights. I have checked fuses and other connnections. Is there a reset? What should I look for?
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/12/2012
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 10 years ago
Dan, Technician
HeavyEquipmentTech :

Hi my name is***** will try to help. Is it only the gauge cluster not working or have you lost power to everything in the cab? Please post your serial number so I can be sure to get you the correct information on you machine. The older loaders had 3 breakers behind the cab on the right side post when you open the engine compartment door. One 10A and one 60A that are resettable and mounted inside the frame ( are red buttons with the amperage rating on them). The other is not resettable but is for your lights and can only be accessed by removing the panel. I am not sure since this is a bit newer if those breakers are on your machine. Check in the meantime and let me know but please post your serial number. Do not rate until we are finished working on this or all you questions are answered.

Customer :

Hi Dan,

Customer :

The serial # is: 7ZF00935. The guys that work in my shop are asking the questions so I need to let them read your information and then I can get back to you on the questions you have asked. I will not rate this until we are done and you tell me that we are done. Thanks so much Dan, I appreciate you taking the time to do this.

HeavyEquipmentTech :

Hi I have also put in an e mail to another expert on this site that has access to the schematics and testing and adjusting specs on this machine. I may see if he can take over this question to help you but he is usually not available until the evenings. Today has been a very busy day as I have a reair business and answer questions here part time. I will do my best to get you the information you need. Please bear with me. In the mean time have the guys take a close look at all the grounds and connectors in the harness to be sure they are free of corroded pins or bad connections, etc

Customer :

Hi Dan, we have already done everything you have asked to do. We figured it out ourselves. We bought this loader off the internet and we got totally screwed. It's a big piece of crap and we can't sell it because everytime we give a buyer the serial number, they never call back. We have been fixing it ourselves since we bought it and it still needs more work. Thanks Dan for your time - I appreciate it.

Customer :

Hi Dan, we have already done everything you have asked to do before I contacted justanswer. We have figured it out ourselves. We bought this loader off the internet and we got totally screwed. It's a big piece of crap and we can't sell it because everytime we give a buyer the serial number, they never call us back. We have been fixing it ourselves since we bought it and it still needs more work. It appears that the serial # may have been tampered with.Thanks Dan for your time - I appreciate it.