Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Hello i am a private person and i have a problem with the  Drive…

Hello i am a private...
Hello i am a private person and i have a problem with the  Drive Track Travel for my Takeuchi TB020 Mini Excavator.
The serial number is XXXXX 56 90.
The year is 1998.
The excavator is at Sherbrooke in Quebec in Canada.

In fact,  just the mechanical part  is bad. We have opened this part and we saw some Bearings are destroyed. The hydraulic part is good.
Can we repair only the mechanical part and what is the price ? Is there somebody in Quebec Province to repair this part ?
The other solution is to buy all the final travel drive motor with hydraulic system .I saw the price on internet . It is about 2 500 $ in different places. But what is the good place.
Thanks for the answer.

rohozinski
i am sorry because i don't speak english very well
10/29/2012
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 10 years ago
Dan, Technician

HeavyEquipmentTech :

Hi my name isXXXXX will try to help. Your final drive is rebuild-able as long as the damaged parts are cost effective to replace. If not, then a rebuilt final or replacement final drive eill be needed,,, 'i hope this helps. Thank s for using JA

HeavyEquipmentTech :

Let me know if you need further assistance.

my question was :

Hello i am a private person and i have a problem with the Drive Track Travel for my Takeuchi TB020 Mini Excavator.
The serial number is XXXXX 56 90.
The year is 1998.

In fact, just the mechanical part is bad. We have opened this part and we saw some Bearings are destroyed. The hydraulic part is good.
Thanks for the answer.

rohozinski

Optional Information:
What have you tried so far?: i had just open the mechanical system and i saw the bearings was broken.

Ok thank you for the update and the information. As long as the main housing is not damaged and the gear teeth are still good then you can buy the other parts individually to repair your existing final drive. You would have to price these parts individually at your nearest dealer as I would have no access to that pricing. However, If the parts are more than or close to the cost of replacing the drive then you may be better off replacing the assembly. I think you are going to find that the prices are going to run in the same range. Some times you may be able to find one at an equipment salvage or have it put on a locater for a used one. I am in the USA so I would only know where to go in my area. I see you rated poor service which goes against me personally, Not the site. If you are satisfied with my answers could you please fix this rating before the close of this question? I hope this helps

thank you for your answer

you say :

"Some times you may be able to find one at an equipment salvage or hav

e it put on a locater for a used one.I am in the USA so I would only know where to go in my area"

There is pictures of my moto with numbers référence.

If you know a place where I can find used pieces in USA I would like to know the name and the place because they can send in Quebec (canada).

Of course I would like to have verified parts.

As you know the Takeuchi TB020 is quite rare in North America but may be the motor is the same for other Takeuchi, for exemple TB015 or TB0125

A

I will post a few links for you to copy and paste in your browser. https://www.finaldriveparts.com/index.php/parts-by-equipment-manufacturer/takeuchi-parts.html?gclid=COnh4cr9rLMCFQSf4Aod1k8AFQ

http://replacementparts.hrparts.com/viewitems/excavator-replacement-parts/takeuchi-excavator-part

http://www.conequipmentparts.com/?gclid=COzfjJf-rLMCFQ-f4AodLm0AXg

I hope this helps. Let me know if yu have any positive results with these links.
Dan, Technician

Thank you

best regards

Hi Rohozinski,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?Feel free to come back with any more questions you may have in the future. Thanks for using JA

Let me know,