Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 2006 S300 Bobcat that I purchased today. The other…

Customer Question
I have a 2006 S300...

I have a 2006 S300 Bobcat that I purchased today. The other owner got it on to the trailer for us. I got it home and tried to drive it off the trailer and couldn't get it to move. I put the lap bar down and pressed to operate loader botton. The first three lights light up except the traction light. I can lift the grapple up and down but can't move the Bobcat.   I had to repostion the Bobcat on the highway because the trailer was heavy in the back.  I got in it boved it forward a bit and put the grapple over the front of the trailer.  So I could get out I had to remove the door of the Bobcat.  I removed two wires and took the door off.  When I got home I put the door back on the Bobcat and rfeconnect the wires to the door (2 of them) and still couldn't move the machine.  Do you have any suggestions?

Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
10/24/2012
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 9 years ago
Dan, Technician

HeavyEquipmentTech :

Hi my name is Dan. I will try to help.It sounds like this problem occurred after you disconnected the door switch if I am not misunderstanding.... It is most likely the cause of this. This is tied into your safety interlock circuit ( Seat switch, lap bar switch, and door switch on an enclosed cab). I would check that the door switch is working properly with a continuity check and if you have to bypass it by using a jumper wire for test purposes only. If there is no positive result, try disconnecting your batteries for a few minutes, reconnecting and trying again.... Check your wiring and safety interlock switches. I hope this helps Let me know your results or if you need more help with this

JACUSTOMER-mv5wlkd8- :

Thanks Dan! If I were to disconnect the battery will it mess up the computer? When I purchased it the customer never entered a 4 digit code. Not sure if this will lock me out of the machine,

HeavyEquipmentTech :

It should not lock you out.

JACUSTOMER-mv5wlkd8- :

Dan,

JACUSTOMER-mv5wlkd8- :

--Dan would you be willing to give me a call to discuss the problem? XXX-XXX-XXXX Please advise

HeavyEquipmentTech :

Unfortunately it is against JA policy for the experts to have communication outside of this site. We will have to continue communication here. What were the results from my original suggestions so I can advise you on what the next steps are. I will work with you on this and try to give as much information as possible on each of my posts.