Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

2000 cat 236 skid loader ignition switch has been replaced,new…

Customer Question
2000 cat 236 skid loader...
2000 cat 236 skid loader ignition switch has been replaced,new fuel cut off switch a month ago . skid trys to start but wont run when let off key ,so took kill switch back out will start and run but you have to stick switch back in manually to shut it down what would cause this?
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
10/14/2012
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 10 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician
You may have a failed relay or the holding circuit of the fuel shutoff solenoid is not working.
Please send me your serial number so, I can find the correct schematic. This machine has seen several changes and could have different wiring with each serial number break.
Does the fuel shutoff solenoid have two wires or three?