Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

135SRlc- I pulled the outside hyd. pump to replace o-rings,

now the left side controls...
135SRlc- I pulled the outside hyd. pump to replace o-rings, now the left side controls don't work (swing, stick in, or travel) unless I put slight pressure on the right joystick. what did I do wrong?
9/19/2012
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 10 years ago
Dan, Technician

HeavyEquipmentTech :

Hi my name isXXXXX will try to help. The two pumps are calibrated together. There is signal pressure to your pump servos to stroke the pump into either one or two pump flow depending on what functions are being used and what it calls for. One pump runs one track and the other one the other track. All other functions are split between the two pumps. The symptoms you are experiencing by having to pull another function to get a response tell me that only one pump is stroking and you are having to stoke that pump to use its output for your functions. It is never a good idea to split these pumps without the proper calibration test gauges/a flow meter/the OEM specs/ and the experience or manual for the pumps. My best suggestion at this point is to retrace your steps and see if you can find anything obvious with the coupling between the pumps or the servos. If not then I recommend you have a hydraulic shop recalibrate the pumps on the machine or on a test bench. I hope this helps.

Dan, Technician