Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

On my CM 90 skid steer the right tilt cylinder is leaking at…

On my CM 90 skid...
On my CM 90 skid steer the right tilt cylinder is leaking at the bottom where the shaft
goes in and out. Where can I find instructions as to how to repair it? I could not find instructions in the service manual.
9/16/2012
Mechanic: dieseldan55, Mechanic replied 10 years ago
dieseldan55
dieseldan55, Mechanic
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Volvo Construction Equipment expert, I would like to try and assist you with your question. I haven't resealed this machines yet, but it is normally a simple job. You just need to unpinned the rod end and unscrew the head and then pull out the rod. At the end of the rod you will need to remove the nut so you can take the head off and replace the seals. Let me look to see if I have any info on this machine.

Not too femilar with the terms, but by unscrew the head you mean the head of the cylinder? and by rod you refering to what I called the sharft? Where can I order seals for this mechine if you have that info handy or I can check locally.

Here is the instructions for the cylinder disassembly See if this makes sense to you. I will copy the parts list. It will be easier for you just to get the parts from a local Volvo or a Hydraulics shop will get them for you.

graphicgraphicgraphicgraphic

dieseldan55
dieseldan55, Mechanic
Here is the parts break down, you will notice the item #22 is the seal kit, and includes all items marked with a K in the listing. Hope that is helpful, Thanks. Dangraphicgraphic
Thank you, if you need more info let me know, Dan