Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 2007 Takeuchi TL140 skid steer.It is not turning…

Customer Question
I have a 2007 Takeuchi...
I have a 2007 Takeuchi TL140 skid steer.
It is not turning and has no power.
Charge pressure to the pilot valve is 90 psi...should be about 350.
Pressure on the ports of the pilot valve is 150 on all ports when fully actuated.. should be about 500.
The pressure on the left hst pump is 2000 psi when pilot fully accuated in both forward and reverse. Pressure on the right hst pump is 0 when pilot fully actuated in both forward and reverse.
Manual just have a r&r process until problem is fixed. Any ideas on how to ID the problem definitively so we can only replace the broken part?
Also, it would be nice to have a set of schematics for the thing....no detailed ones in the manual.
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
8/23/2012
Mechanic: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 10 years ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator

Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

I have not solved the problem yet, so I guess I am willing to wait.

Found a manual with schematics.

Checked the low-pressure releif valve and it seems to be good.

Based on the schematics, it could be that one of the servo pistons is leaking and drawing down the charge pressure.

Help would be appreciated.

any chance of getting any help here?

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Mechanic: Walt-admin,
 replied 10 years ago
Walt-admin
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding

leave it open....see if someone responds

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 10 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name is Dan. I will try to help. Your pilot pressure is definately low. It sounds like you have a bad charge/pilot pump. You should have full pilot pressure in your system. check your hydraulic filters/ oil for signs of metal/debris that would indicate a failing pump or component. Cut a sample from the inside of your filter using a non abrasive cutting tool, squeeze the excess oil out in a vise with your sample wrapped in a clean shop towel and inspect in the light for metal. Low pilot pressure can also cause your main pumps not to stroke as it takes pilot pressure to signal the pumps.... I hope this helps.... Let me know if you need further assistance. Thanks for using JA