Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a terex 880sx 2007 backhoe loader , I have a problem…

Customer Question
I have a terex 880sx...
I have a terex 880sx 2007 backhoe loader , I have a problem with my digger boom 's front cylinder. It looses alot of power every now and then.it still operates but as if the power has been reduced , and if you keep working or put it off the digger is back to full power,this does not affect the backend cylinder of the front boom. there is a indicating light on the sidepanel in the cab that flickers on and of for a while and then stays on. The picture on the light is a temperature gauge and a oildrop.dont know if this could have something to do with it?
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
7/31/2012
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 10 years ago
Dan, Technician

HeavyEquipmentTech :

Hi my name is Dan. I will try to help.... Change your hydraulic filter and inspect the old one for metal/debris that would indicate a component or pump problem. Also insoect your control valve and relief valve on that circuit to be sure there are no restrictions or debris in the valves causing them to hang up. Finally if nothing is found then install a 5000 psi guage on that circuit and check and verify your pressures.... Let me know if you need further assistance. Thanks for using JA