Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Need help on repairs to Samsung hydraulic excavator Model #240SE…

Customer Question
Need help on repairs to...
Need help on repairs to Samsung hydraulic excavator Model #240SE Series LC3. Working fine one day. Next day no movement in tracks, boom, bucket, dipperstick, and swing...
as if the limit switch on left hand console was raised.
[email protected]
HELP FAST PLEASE
THANKS
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
6/12/2012
Mechanic: dieseldan55, Mechanic replied 10 years ago
dieseldan55
dieseldan55, Mechanic

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to help you with this. Did you verify the safety switch operation?

What I would suspect is either the coil burnt out for the servo system, or the safety switch sensor is loose or failed, or power isn't being supplied to the circuit. Another thing that can happen is the servo pump relief wears out and dumps the servo pressure which will give you the same condition. So check for power at the safety solenoid 1st, or manually override the solenoid by pushing the center in with a screwdriver or allen key. I can offer more insight once I see you back in chat. Thanks, Dan.

The whole system acts like the left hand console is in raised position. Have manually worked limit switch. Mechanical function appears to be O.K. How do I check power to switch? In the working position, should wires to limit switch be "hot"? Also, where is the safety solenoid located?

The solenoid bank is behind the cab, open the door on the left side right behind the cab, tell me if you see two sets of solenoid banks, three on each bank.

Here is a picture of what it looks like for the safety solenoid. You can determine if the safety switch is working by checking for 24 volts on one of the terminals and then close the switch and see if the power flows through the switch. Sometimes the connector behind the seat that feeds this switch becomes unplugged or damaged. Check that if no power is there. I will look up the fuse if power isn't there.

See the answer on the image

graphicgraphic
dieseldan55
dieseldan55, Mechanic
So A-1 solenoid is normally the safety solenoid. Press the little rod in the center of the coil. (It sticks up about 1/4 inch) That is a manual override, but be careful, if a control function is active the machine will move. Normally a second person can operate the bucket control and then press the override to see f it moves while running. If it does then verify the power source. If it doesn't then verify the servo pressure at the small pump on the main pumps.

Not presently at machine, but will be in 2 days...will keep your info until then..thank you..will be chatting with you in a couple of days....I have a biopsy tomorrow at hospital..so will be out of commission for 1-2 days..Thanks so very much

Bill

[email protected]

Okay, good luck with the hospital visit, I am certain I can assist you with this issue. I will see these machines on occasion since they are old. But when your feeling better give me a shout and I will do what I can. Thanks, Dan.

Thanks so much. the machine did run today ...don't know exactly what onfo helped, but we got her going

Appreciate it.

Bill's wife....phew

Glad we could help, I hope the surgery went well. Let me know if you need info in the future. Thanks, Dan.