Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

We would like to know what these codes are on a D6NXL:0296.09,

Customer Question
We would like to know...
We would like to know what these codes are on a D6NXL:
0296.09, 0168.02, 0001.11, 0263.04 and 0819.02. Please and Thank You.
Harvey
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/28/2012
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 10 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

The codes are incomplete, they do not have the MID (module ID) number 030,036,082 or 113.

This is only a guess as the actual component they apply to but, should be correct. Only a few have the same fault code for different modules.

269 is sensor power supply, FMI 09"Abnormal update rate". This is not a normal code.

168 Electrical System Voltage, FMI 02"Data erratic, intermittent, or incorrect".

0001Injector number one, FMI 11"Failure mode not identifiable".

263 Digital Sensor Power Supply, FMI 04"Voltage below normal".

819 Display Data Link, FMI 02"Data erratic, intermittent, or incorrect".

Looks like someone has cranked the engine over until the batteries died.

Possible problem with number on injector, if it is active.

This cat will run for 1/2-3/4 of an hour perfect and then it will start to miss. The fuel smelled very stale we were told that there is a bacteria in old fuel so changed fuel. I Just got outfit and ran perfect for 4-5 hours now if it is cold it will run for 3/4 hr working hard and warmed up then starts missing. This is were all the codes came in. So do you have any suggestion on what I can do to fix the problem?

About the only thing you can do with an injector problem is, remove the valve cover to see if excessive oil is leaking around the injector. (NOTE all will have some oil leaking out the spill port next to one of the bolts - this is normal)

Inspect the wiring to the injector for damage. (Warning High voltage when running - Do Not Touch the terminals)

Anything else will likely require the dealer to replace and/or reprogram the ecm to the injector.

catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician