Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

yutani 180 escavator the swing is slow one side of the travel…

Customer Question
yutani 180 escavator the swing...
yutani 180 escavator the swing is slow one side of the travel is slow but if you are traveling and one side is slow you can work he swing lever just a little and the slow side of the travel will speed up or if you are swinging it and its slow you can move the travel lever just a little and the swing will speed up to what it should be
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/10/2012
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 10 years ago
Dan, Technician
Hi my name isXXXXX most common problem on excavators for differences in travel speed is the rotary manifold (swivel joint) seals. It is the rotary manifold that allows you to full swing while providing hydraulics pressure and flow to your travel motors. Pressure will bypass in the manifold resulting in a loss of pressure and flow. Check your pilot strainer and hyrdaulic filter for metal and relief valves for debris. Make sure you have good pilot pressure at your swing spool on the main control valve and the the spool moves freely in its bore. If all your hydraulics with exception to your travel are strong then reseal your rotary manifold. Sounds like you already verified your pump and travel motors were ok. I hope this helps. If you are satisfied with my answer click accept. Bonuses and positive feedback are greatly appreciated!!! Let me know if you need further assistance. Thanks for using JA
Dan, Technician