It appears dead. I can't turn it on. Nothing happens. The…

Customer Question
It appears dead. I...

It appears dead. I can't turn it on . Nothing happens. The power button on the side is blinking. Before I knew there was a problem I connected a USB hard drive to it. That seems to have power. Any help greatly appreciated. I am LOST!!!!

Technician's Assistant: Does the hard drive icon appear on your... Read full answer

Technician's Assistant: Does the hard drive icon appear on your desktop?

It's Yoga so the screen doesn't even come on

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried accessing the drive on a different computer?

Yes, that drive shows up just fine. But the issue is not with the external hard drive. The laptop does not turn on or become active in any way

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
2/5/2019
Tech Support Specialist: Hesham Akbar,
 replied 4 months ago
Hesham Akbar

Hi, this isCustomerand I will be helping you with your issue today.

I understand that your Lenovo Yoga is not turning on and is blank with lights blinking. Am I correct ?

Tech Support Specialist: Hesham Akbar,
 replied 4 months ago

On your Yoga. Press and Hold the power Key till it turns off. Disconnect the power cable and any external drives connected to it. Remove the battery if you can. Leave the computer idle for 15 minutes and then connect the power cable and turn on your Lenovo.

Do ask me as many questions as you like. Iwill be happy to assist.

If I have fully answered your question, pleasetake a moment to scroll up the page and provide a 5 star rating.

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Lenovo yoga display went black - have restarted several
lenovo yoga display went black - have restarted several times with power button-still no display- ??? … read more
Technical Support Executive,
Engineering Diploma
I have a Lenovo thinkpad yoga 14 and it seems to be stuck in
I have a Lenovo thinkpad yoga 14 and it seems to be stuck in sleep mode. Nothing happens when power cord is plugged in, however when I unplug the power light seems to go on and off but the screen stay… read more
IT Manager,
My external drive will not turn on t sorry the power adapter
my external drive will not turn on t sorry the power adapter works but the on/off button is dead any recommendations? … read more
Cris
Cris
Stop searching for answers—
Cannot get a N53s to wake up from sleep mode...at least it
Cannot get a N53s to wake up from sleep mode...at least it appears to asleep...Lights on the bottom.. screen wont turn on... have tried everything - ie battery.. reset the ram etc. any thoughts on thi… read more
Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts
Put simply, I cant get my laptop to display anything on start
Put simply, I can't get my laptop to display anything on start up. The typical noises present themselves like the hard drive spinning, fan, etc but the initial BIOS screen will not come up. I have tri… read more
Hardware Engineer,
My wifes HP laptop died. We purchased a new one and want
My wife's HP laptop died. We purchased a new one and want to get her old files off the old hard drive. I have a cable and power supply for the SATA drive that allows me to connect it to the new laptop… read more
assistyounow
assistyounow
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have a P205-S6267 that does not power up, it seems there
I have a P205-S6267 that does not power up, it seems there is no internal power. What can I do?… read more
Making-It-Easy
Making-It-Easy
IT Specialist,
Bachelor
My Satellite was fine last night. I went to turn it on this
My Satellite was fine last night. I went to turn it on this morning and the power light comes on, the CD makes it's grind noise but nothing happens. The HD doesnt seem to come on to boot up… read more
Mike6708
Mike6708
Enrolled in associates degree
I cant get my laptop to boot up. Power adapter is good and
I can't get my laptop to boot up. Power adapter is good and battery if good, but when I push the power button it causes the lights (pluged-in, and Batter) to go dead and nothing will start up. I have … read more
Anthony Brewster
Anthony Brewster
I.T.,
I have Model MDHD250-U that has beem working until now. When
I have Model MDHD250-U that has beem working until now. When I connect it and turn it on the boue indicator just blinks. The computer does not even the file is attached. I fear the drive is dead. Anth… read more
Computer Technican,
screen on toshiba netbook NB205-N311w does not always light
screen on toshiba netbook NB205-N311w does not always light up. does the screen and inverter board need to be replaced?… read more
Ansh P.
Ansh P.
System Analyst,
I have an Acer Travelmate 290 which has lost its display,
I have an Acer Travelmate 290 which has lost it's display, all else appears to be working fine. The display is now completely black. When the problem started, the screen would display for a couple of … read more
Support Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
I have an iomega external hard drive. When I plug it into
I have an iomega external hard drive. When I plug it into the computer I can feel that's it's on, however, the light doesn't come on and it doesn't show up on my computer. Does this mean I've lost all… read more
Network & System Administrator,
I am a retired physician and a home user of a computer. The
I am a retired physician and a home user of a computer. The computer has an ASUS motherboard with an AMD CPU. I bought a SIMPLEtech Pro external hard drive 1 Tb. from Fryes a few days ago. It is regis… read more
Brandon M.
Brandon M.
System Administrator,
I have a dead 7100 I think. When I power it up I have no hard
I have a dead 7100 I think. When I power it up I have no hard drive activity, no monitor power up. It worked fine the day before, now nothing. What are my options as this 7100 is a 2005 year model.… read more
Computer Consultant,
MS Electrical Engineering
I have an HP laptop nx6325 [3 yrs. old] and am experiencing
I have an HP laptop nx6325 [3 yrs. old] and am experiencing AC power problems. Right now I don't think my AC adaptor can provide enough power to the battery so I can run an external drive to retrieve … read more
Computer Science Engineer,
my mercury g553 note book is not booting, the power light comes
my mercury g553 note book is not booting, the power light comes on but it will not switch on. ive had the power connector repaird, and this problem happend afew days after. please help… read more
Computer Consultant,
MS Electrical Engineering
I have a gateway laptop and was wondering if you could give
I have a gateway laptop and was wondering if you could give me a little help. My laptop will not turn on...When I first push the power button on the blue power light goes on for a mini second and then… read more
Mike B
Mike B
Computer Engineering Technologist