How do I complete the installation of my replacement MG5765…

How do I complete...

How do I complete the installation of my replacement MG5765 printer to link it to the laptop?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Macbook Air

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your... Read full answer

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Macbook Air

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MG5765?

I only bought it Saturday. I can print copies but not print from the computer. The message says it's not connected

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

NO that's it thanks

9/5/2018
Aaron B
Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist

My name is***** version of Macintosh operating system are you using? For example Macintosh operating system 10.11, 10.12, 10.13.

If you have not done so already you need to install the Canon Pixma mg5765 printer software. You should have received an installation CD-ROM. The printer will not work on your computer until you install the software and driver.

Thanks,

Aaron

I don't have a CD-Rom on my Macbook Air computerI already paid $56 on Tuesday and it's still not operating. I don't want to pay another $56!

Ok. If you tell me what version of Macos you are using I can find software online.

The version is 10.13.6 macOS High Sierra

Here is a link to the full software including driver. Please download it and install. You will need to agree to terms and then click on "Download" link.

https://www.canon.com.au/support/sims-content?pid=666be4d69fba45aa9dbe07a527f280d9&cid=F8B63BF7D29040D2B2AF7D75C396367E&ctype=dr

Ok I have followed all of the instructions and it says it's connected. I can copy but I still can't print from the computer. The error message is 300: check that the printer is connected

How is your computer connected to the printer? USB, wireless, or network cable?

USBcable sorry!USB cable??

You need to find out how it is connected first. You can trace the cable from your computer to the printer. USB printer cables have square connections on the printer end.

that is correct and that is how the computer and the printer are connected

I would power off the printer. Power off your Macintosh computer. Power on your Macintosh computer then power on your printer.

If it still will not connect. Disconnect the USB cable from the back of your Macintosh and try a different USB port if one is available.

Okay I have done all of this and it still won't print. I will go and buy another USB cable and try later. I give up!

Ok. I would appreciate a 5 star rating for assisting you.

Thanks,

Aaron

Aaron B
Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist
most definitely

Thanks for your rating.

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I bought a new envy 5000 on Saturday to replace a much more
Hi I bought a new envy 5000 on Saturday to replace a much more expensive hp I had to toss according to your support tech. It is set up on my network, printed out set up set up sheets for printer and c… read more
Biromoni Singha
Biromoni Singha
I can't change my print selection from #10 envelope to US
I can't change my print selection from #10 envelope to US Letter. How can I change to USLetter? … read more
Technical Support Executive,
Engineering Diploma
Im trying to hook up the Epson 3620 to my MacBook Air. I
Im trying to hook up the Epson 3620 to my MacBook Air. I believe I have downloaded the info from the website. When I hit the print button, the printer will run the paper out but nothing is printed on … read more
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson
Owner,
Stop searching for answers—
How do I scan a document from my MG3060 to my MacBook Air
how do I scan a document from my MG3060 to my MacBook Air which is already set up for printing? Tim … read more
John - Tech Expert
John - Tech Expert
Computing Network Management and Design
I want to connect a printer to my MacBook Air, PP- Print
HP sorry. I have bought a new computer and need to link it up.l … read more
Aaron B
Aaron B
Computer Support Specialist,
I have an HP Officejet 6100 all-in-one printer and a Macbook
Hi Andy, I have an HP Officejet 6100 all-in-one printer and a Macbook Air with OS-X 10.11.6 El Capitan. I just downloaded the HP Easy Start driver, to make sure I have the latest version. When it gets… read more
David L
David L
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I just bought a printer Desk Jet 2135, the printing works
I just bought a printer Desk Jet 2135, the printing works but it will not print from My computer APPLE AIR although on the computer the printer is registered but shows "INACTIVE" … read more
Rennan Lui
Rennan Lui
IT Engineer Specialist,
I am getting getting little black streaks or lines on my
I am getting getting little black streaks or lines on my copies. Do I need to replace toner cartridges yet? the printer says to prepare cartridge C M Y. It says to check Cnsmbls...I don't know how to … read more
projectx2501-PHD-DBA
projectx2501-PHD-DBA
Director of Information Technology,
My Macbook air is unable to communicate with My HP ENVY 4500
My Macbook air is unable to communicate with My HP ENVY 4500 printer. It was working OK until I tried to enable printing from my iPhone. Since then I have been unable to print from my laptop. I would … read more
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson
Owner,
I bought a canon mg3022 printer and it's supposed to be
hi so i bought a canon mg3022 printer and it's supposed to be wireless but that didn't work so i bought a usb printer cord to connect to my laptop and the printer still isn't working… read more
technicalcat
technicalcat
I have a Work Force WF-2750. Will not print. When I hit
I have a Work Force WF-2750. Will not print. When I hit print the printer activates but it doesn't print. Paper comes out blank … read more
Kris R
Kris R
IT Manager,
Computing
It takes a very very time to print. Says 'receiving data'
It takes a very very long time to print. Says 'receiving data' … read more
Kris R
Kris R
IT Manager,
Computing
Stop searching for answers—
I just bought a mfc-L2740DW and I cant get it to print
I just bought a mfc-L2740DW and I cant get it to print locally in teamviewer. … read more
Kris R
Kris R
IT Manager,
Computing
My Brother HL 5370DW printer used to be connected wirelessly
My Brother HL 5370DW printer used to be connected wirelessly to my laptop, but then I got a new modem, and I now I can only print if I connect my laptop with a usb cable. I'd like to get the wireless … read more
John Lohr
John Lohr
Owner / Technology Specialist,
Teaching Certification
I have a MacBook Air. Not getting external sound output
I have a MacBook Air. Not getting external sound output through the internal built-in speakers and not receiving new iMessages on the messaging app. … read more
Jay D
Jay D
Bachelor of Science
i have had a problem with my PC and have had ti transfer th
i have had a problem with my PC and have had ti transfer the Hard drive I bought and the printer on it (by usb) to my laptop. I can scan from my new (now default) printer, but can't write to it. I can… read more
Support Technician,
Hi, I recently purchased a MacBook. I had a PC previously
Hi, I recently purchased a MacBook. I had a PC previously and used a HP4160 printer with it. I've hooked the 4160 to the Mac and it prints fine with one exception - it will not print in color. I've re… read more
online_help
online_help
We have an HP Officejet J4580 All-in-one printer. When connected
We have an HP Officejet J4580 All-in-one printer. When connected to my PC, it works fine and quickly. When my wife connects to it with her MacBook Air and tries to copy email content, the speed drops … read more
Adam Wright
Adam Wright