HOW DO I GET MY BENQ SPEAKERS TO WORK FROM MY DESKTOP

HOW DO I GET...

HOW DO I GET MY BENQ SPEAKERS TO WORK FROM MY DESKTOP COMPUTER PLEASE

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your BenQ?

Thank you. Model #GW2760

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your #GW2760? Have you installed any updates recently?

The monitor is brand new today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No..i think that is it. thanks

Answered in 1 minute by:
8/9/2018
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your BenQ monitor / speakers?
Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?

Are you stuck at any step in the instructions that comes with your BenQ device?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer reply replied 13 days ago
Brand new GW2760 and Windows 10
Customer reply replied 13 days ago
I just saw that this will; cost me $56.. Lets cancel the request
Customer reply replied 13 days ago
Please cancel the remote assistance request. Do not bill me. I was told it was refundable $5.

Please ignore the optional service offer. I'm troubleshoot the issue. Please wait a few minutes. We guarantee our service, so don't worry. Thank you.

I've checked that your monitor model GW2760 does not have built-in speakers. (If a monitor has built-in speakers, then you would see that there is a small audio / speaker port at the back of the monitor.)

- In this case, you can purchase a computer's desktop speakers, then connect it to your desktop computer, then you will get sound.

please let me know if you still need help with this. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 13 days ago
On the Staples.ca website, the model states that it has speakers...which is one of the reasons I bought it...I bought 2 of them for my office.
Customer reply replied 13 days ago
It even says on the side of the box that it has speakers

Unfortunately, some stores and some products may put the wrong descriptions. Please click on the website below for the manual and go to page 10 and see the descriptions there:

https://benqimage.blob.core.windows.net/driver-temp-file/esupport/LCD%20Monitor/UserManual/GW2260M/GW2265HM%20%20GW2265M%20%20GW2460HM%20%20GW2760_UM_EN.pdf

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 13 days ago
this is for GW2265HM? Mine is GW2760

No, that is for all the model in the series of GW2760. Please see page 27, it shows all the model there. The manual is for all the GW2760 model series. What important is on page 10. It shows all the configurations for all GW2760 series. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 13 days ago
Thank you. I am tired and this is too much for me to deal with not....

If your monitor does not show the Audio port as shown in the image at the link above, then your monitor does not have speakers.

- If your monitor does not have speakers, then you can get computer speakers at your local computer / electronics / office store, or online at the Amazon.com website below:

https://www.amazon.ca/Logitech-Channel-Computer-Speaker-980-000802/dp/B00EZ9XLEY/

Thank you.