I recently bought my daughter the Lenovo Legion game

Customer Question
Hi. I recently...

Hi. I recently bought my daughter the Lenovo Legion game computer in May and today she was gaming on our kitchen counter and simple steam from a teapot deformed the monitor and part of the screen is now gray. This has never happened to any of our macs.

Technician's Assistant: What exactly is having screen issues?

The top have of the computer with the screen deformed and the top left is showing gray

Technician's Assistant: What Lenovo model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Legion Y520 MS

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Happened today. Not sure what to try...seems like a mechanical defect

Submitted: 16 days ago.Category: Computer
8/5/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist replied 16 days ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist

Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Sounds like a physical burn occurred on screen. Turn off the computer and wait few hours. Then turn on again. If there is no physical damage the gray shadow will disappear. If it not disappear we can confirm that the screen is burned due to the heat of the steam. If the system is still under warranty you can claim warranty. If there is no visible physical damage on monitor they will replace it. Otherwise you need to buy a new monitor.

Regards

Jins

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
Thanks for the quick response. There is not physical damage to the screen, but as I said the back of the top of the laptop that melted and deformed a bit. What are the warranty requirements and where do we get fixed? Thanks

Are you from United States?

Then please go to https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/submitrequestonline and file Service Request.