I have forgotten my password .. have not used in 5 years.

Customer Question
I have forgotten my...

I have forgotten my password ***** have not used in 5 years

Technician's Assistant: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?

Forgot my password... It is a Altec.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Where can I find the on the back

Technician's Assistant: The Computer Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

It has been in the closet I have been using my iPad

Submitted: 10 days ago.Category: Computer
7/11/2018
Tech Support Specialist: David L, Systems Engineer replied 10 days ago
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

What is the name of the operating system (such as Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10) that is installed on the computer?

If the operating system is Windows with local user accounts, you can blank out the password ***** a Trinity Rescue Disc following the procedure below:

First click the link below to download the Trinity Rescue Disc image then burn the image to CD.

click here

Place the Trinity disc in the CD/DVD drive on your computer and boot using the Trinity disc (you may need to place the CD/DVD drive at the top of the boot order first).

Once the system has finished booting and a menu appears on the screen, scroll down the menu using the down arrow key to highlight the Windows password ***** option and press the Enter key.

Next, select "Winpass with prompt for username first" and press the Enter key.

Enter the username of the Administrator account for which you need to reset the password.

Select Clear (blank) user password ***** press the Enter key. This step deletes the password ***** the Administrator account.

Select the shut down the PC menu option, then remove the CD from the CD/DVD drive.

Boot the computer into the Administrator account. You should now be able to login without a password.

You can now either set a new password ***** your account by pressing the CTRL + ALT + DEL keys at the same time then select the Change Password ***** and follow the prompts to change the password.