I have a L50-A satellite laptop and want to know if i can…

Customer Question
I have a L50-A...

I have a L50-A satellite laptop and want to know if i can convert my microphone port to a line-in audio port so i can record

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

It is a l50-A toshiba satellite laptop operating windows 8.1

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Satellite? Have you installed any updates recently?

The laptop windows is up to date and i have reduced the gain on the mic to zero

Submitted: 10 days ago.Category: Computer
7/11/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 days ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer premium service, thank you for utilizing this.
I will be assisting you to fix the issue you are having.
can you explain me a bit more about this

does the side panel has speaker and mic output port on it?

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
i am trying to record vinyl to the laptop but having problem with background noises coming through

Please check the side panel where you have to speaker output, does it have a microphone output as well or its a single audio port out you have on it?

Customer reply replied 10 days ago
it has two 3.5mm ports

one is indicated as speaker the other must be mic

you need to connect the mic to the mic port otherwise it will pick the internal computer mic till the mic port is not connected that is why you are getting backgound sound in your recording.

My priority is 100% customer satisfaction, click on View response/reply button and post me a reply i will continue in assisting you further.