I HAVE A DELL STUDIO XPS COMPUTER. WIN 7 PRO I MUST REPLACE…

Customer Question
I HAVE A DELL...

I HAVE A DELL STUDIO XPS COMPUTER.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your XPS?

WIN 7 PRO I MUST REPLACE THE MOTHERBOARD BATTERY I CANNOT FIND THE BATTERY IS IT ON THE MOTHERBOARD?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your XPS? Have you installed any updates recently?

SINCS I CANNOT FIND THE MOTHERBOARD BATTERY I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR IT

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

YES I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE BATTERY NUMBER I THINK IT MAY BE CR2031 I MAY BE WRONG

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/3/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 month ago
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Do you currently have your computer open so you can see the motherboard?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
iYES

Okay, the motherboard battery is the large, flat battery that looks like a watch battery.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
NO i JUST NEED TO KNOW HOW YTO FIND THE BATTERY AND THE BATTERY TYPE AND NUMBER
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
NO NO i JUST NEED TO KNOW HOW YTO FIND THE BATTERY AND THE BATTERY TYPE AND NUMBER
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ARE YOU STILL THERE?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
WHERE CAN i FIND THE UAER'S GUIDE FOR THE DELL STUDIO XPS DESKTOP COMPUTER?
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 1 month ago
Michael T

The motherboard for this computer has a CR2032 battery as standard in all XPS models

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
THE "STUDIO XPS" IS THE ONLY NAME ON THE FRONT OF THIS COMPUTER. i DO HAVE TGE SERVICE TAG (9Q64JK1} AND THE MODEL NUMBER: CPB09-001B
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
THE MOTHERBOARD NUMBER IS *****
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
IS ANYONE THERE?
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 1 month ago

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
THE INITIAL COST i SAW WAS $5.00. wHY AM i NOW SEEINF $39.00?
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 1 month ago

There isnt such a thing as a user guide for desktops or laptops as they are far too complex for that......

It would be 3000 pages long

I cannot answer anything about costs, that is all handled by customer service and you the customer..

i am only a technician.. I do know the $5 is a deposit only on the real question value..

I do not know what you agreed on though

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
HAVE THE DATA i HAVE SENT YOU BEEN ANY HELP TO YOU?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO FIND THIS BATTERY?
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 1 month ago

This is one of those things where a tech needs to open it up and locate it..

There are literally hundreds of different models and with ZERO tech manuals, we have to take them apart and find it..

As a tech it usually isnt hard and usually in an obvious place.... They are placed differently on all models.

The 2032 is the same battery that you would find in a garage door opener...

I do not encourage you to do it yourself unless you have an antistatic wrist guard and a reasonable technical background..

There are ALOT of hidden screws and procedures to follow so you must be careful....

Just by looking at the motherboard you should be able to see it immediately in its craddle

Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 1 month ago

It will look a little something like this HERE

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my wife found the battery thanks
Tech Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 1 month ago

Excellent, happy to hear that! My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for my time today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave, as this is how I am paid by the site. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know and ill be happy to help you more