I use my tv as a monitor for my work laptop After so many…

I use my tv...

I use my tv as a monitor for my work laptop After so many minutes of inactive it shuts off and I go off line. I would like that not the happen What settings can I change to make the time go longer or it never auto shutoff

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

No Just one cord

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No it has been doing this since I set it up

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Answered in 1 minute by:
6/28/2018
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. When the TV / monitor shuts off, does the laptop's screen shut off also?
Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it does
Windows 7

Thank you. Have you checked the Screensaver option and/or the Power option on your computer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
where do I go to get to screen saver
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can't afford more money Sorry
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what do I do now?

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

https://tinyurl.com/ydeynhtz
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't think my company will allow this
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can you tell me where the screen saver option is
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hello are you there

Click on Start > Control Panel > (Appearance and Personalization) > Personalization > Screensaver, and check the time there; increase it.

If that does not work, click on Start > Control Panel > (System and security) > Power options, change the selected plan settings, and increase the minutes there, and ok. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I changed the power settings
Thank you

You're welcome. Great. Thank you for your patience.