YOU MAY CALL ME FRENCHIE! I HAVE A DELL INSPIRON 15, 3000…

GOOD EVENING PEARL! Technician's...

GOOD EVENING PEARL!

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

YOU MAY CALL ME FRENCHIE!

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I HAVE A DELL INSPIRON 15, 3000 SERIES

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Inspiron?

WINDOWS 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

NO.......

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I NEED TO BLOCK A USER FROM MY G-MAIL ACCOUNT.......

Answered in 1 minute by:
6/28/2018
David L
David L, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Just to clarify, you need to block someone's email address so you no longer receive messages from them to your Gmail Inbox?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
that is correct david!

Sorry for the delay - I see that you have requested remote assistance - just a moment while I start up the remote session...

David L
David L, Systems Engineer

Please click the following link to open the remote assistance web page:

click here

Then click the I Agree button near the bottom of the web page to download the remote assistance program. Select Run if prompted and if not prompted then double click the Elsinore file in your downloads folder to start the remote assistance session.
If you are prompted with a message "can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer" then to run the program hold down the Control key and click the Elsinore application icon (the program should also be located in your Downloads folder if you need to locate it). From the contextual menu choose Open. A popup will appear asking you to confirm this action. Once you confirm the program will run and the remote session will start.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
good evening david l.
HOW DO I BLOCK A USER FROM ACCESSING MY E-MAIL?

Hello!

I have provided the remote assistance instructions to start the remote assistance session so that I can configure it for you if you or if you prefer I will write out the instructions here for you to follow.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK DAVID, WHY DON'T YOU WRITE DOWN THE INSTRUCTIONS!

Ok, sounds good - just a moment...

Also, if you are having trouble starting the remote assistance program I may be able to help you get it started if you would still like to try that instead.

First, click on the following link and login to open your Gmail account: click here

Next, open a message from the person you wish to block.

In the top right, click More (it's the icon with the three vertical dots).

Click Block [sender's name].

Any future messages from the sender will be moved to your Spam folder and not go to your Inbox.

Hello - just checking to see if you still need the remote assistance session - I can configure Gmail to block the specific email addresses/senders once I am directly connected.

Thanks.

Good Morning,

If you still need help blocking a sender from your email, I can still configure it for you through remote assistance.

To start the remote assistance session you requested, please click the following link to open the remote assistance web page:

click here

Then click the I Agree button near the bottom of the web page to download the remote assistance program. Select Run if prompted and if not prompted then double click the Elsinore file in your downloads folder to start the remote assistance session. If you are prompted with a message "can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer" then to run the program hold down the Control key and click the Elsinore application icon (the program should also be located in your Downloads folder if you need to locate it). From the contextual menu choose Open. A popup will appear asking you to confirm this action. Once you confirm the program will run and the remote session will start.