My AntivirusPro is real-time disabled. I have no idea how to…

Customer Question
Second opinion] My AntivirusPro...

Second opinion] My AntivirusPro is real-time disabled. I have no idea how to fix it. Please help me.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

HP Pavillion 500PC. OS Windows

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Pavilion?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Pavilion? Have you installed any updates recently?

No..i was told to download the ScanGuard app from the downloads page and locate the ScanGuard.exe file from my downloads section and open it. they said this would run the installation wizard. which didn't happen. I'm 87 and don't know much about computers so I need a lot of help!

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Truly, I DON'T know What to ask

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have a ScanGuard account in which the Antivirus protection is real-time disabled. I just want this problem fixed so that I will be protected from viruses.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
6/28/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer replied 1 month ago
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

Thank you for your question today. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you. Sorry for your wait, I have just come online and saw your request.

What I would recommend is uninstalling Antivirus Pro completely and using the free built in antivirus that comes with Windows 10. It is called Windows Defender and is made by Microsoft. It is already installed on every windows 10 computer. It is disabled when there is a secondary antivirus installed. So, uninstalling your Antivirus pro software will re-enable defender.

To uninstall your current antivirus follow these steps:

1) Click the start button (bottom left corner of screen)
2) Start typing APPWIZ.CPL

3) Click enter, this will open the Add/Remove programs windows
4) In the list find your current Antivirus Pro software. Left click on it to select it, then select Uninstall from the top menu
5) Allow this to fully uninstall
6) Restart the computer
7) Windows defender will now be your default antivirus software and will update automatically.

Please let me know if you have any issues along the way, or would like a remote session and I can connect and assist with this.

Thanks,

Jamie

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't have an antivirus pro account. In my ScanGuard account, the antivirus is real-time disabled. I just want that problem resolved so that I will be protected.