I have a gateway all in one, about 8 yrs old stuck on

I have a gateway...

I have a gateway all in one, about 8 yrs old stuck on Gateway Screen then goes black; we had a power surge

Technician's Assistant: What exactly is frozen or not starting up for you?

Not booting can't DEL or F12

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Windows 7 intel core

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Just now, unplugged, for 5 mins plugged back in, power on off, cont alt del

Answered in 1 minute by:
6/27/2018
John Castle
John Castle, Computer Hardware Engineer

Welcome to JustAnswer, My name is*****
You may see a Secure Remote Assistance offer on your screen. This is optional.
Regards John

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am on my laptop desktop bit dust only see the Gateway logo for a moment then black screen

No problem. Do you know how to load the BIOS system?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can't do anything on it?

Do you know how to load the BIOS system?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no

Please turn it off and then hold F2 and turn it on the bios should appear.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it just rebooted finally but I do not want it to happen again and if it is about to go out I'd like to prepare to buy a new one soon

Excellent, use the F2 trick in the future :)

Can you rate me 5 stars on this page before you go so i get credit for my time

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried the F2 it did nothing I had to reboot 10 times before it finally came up sowhy did this happen how can I prevent future? You really haven't done anything

The F2 clears the NVRAM and is documented to fix, I suggest once it is on get a back up of the files as the hardware is viciously failing

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
will a thumb drive work for that?

Yes exactly :)

I can help you at any time If you need any sort of help

John Castle
John Castle, Computer Hardware Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok

Thanks