I am getting a message from Microspy ware saying they will…

I am getting a...

I am getting a message from Microspy ware saying they will send my info some where what do I do

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Lenovo la[ top

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

It has happened before and this started 3 days ago so I turn it off

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

6/27/2018
Wes
Wes, Consultant

Hello and welcome to Just Answer, an independent paid-support site. My name is ***** ***** I'll be advising you today. You said "microspy" was going to send your info somewhere?

Do you remember what the exact message was?

Wes
Wes, Consultant
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
they will send my finance info if I don't call them

Please click on this link https://www.fastsupport.com/445765474

and follow the on-screen instructions to download the secure remote assistance client. Please answer "Yes" to any prompts asking you for permission. I will post a message here, and in the secure remote once we are connected.

You can share your phone number with me by clicking on "Edit Your Private Contact Info" link at the bottom of our chat. If you are having difficulties connection to the remote, make sure you come back here and let me know.

If you are having troubles connecting, or aren't sure what you need to do... please see these web pages:

If you are using a PC, please click on this guide: https://support.logmeininc.com/article/gta020002
If you are using a Mac, please click on this guide: https://support.logmeininc.com/article/gta020003

There are guides for downloading and opening the GoToAssist Opener file for all of the major web browsers. Find the one you use and follow the directions for that browser.

The message you are seeing is fraudulent. It's just to scare you into calling that phone number. It's called a "support scam" An advertisement on a website will pop up a window with a scary message on it to get you to call a phone number where some off-shore company will charge you $200 to $700 to "fix" your computer (when there isn't actually anything wrong).

Now, I've sent you an invite link to do remote support, but to be honest with you... I don't feel you have anything to worry about unless you've noticed other odd behavior on your PC lately.

If you feel the same way, we can safely cancel the remote support. But if you would like me to look at your PC just to make sure there are no infections, I'd be happy to do that too. If you are having difficulties getting the GotoAssistOpener to download and run, please come back here and let me know.

I'm not receiving any response from you so I'm going to cancel the remote and close out this question.