How do i get rid of my junk files?AVG says that I have 7.3…

Good morning. How do i...
Good morning. How do i get rid of my junk files?AVG says that I have 7.3 GB of them, also I get a message from AVG saying that I have redundant apps and inefficient system settings.How do I fix this please. Thanks.
6/27/2018
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out.

there are various steps to clean up the junk files and tune up your computer

we will try these steps one by one

or else if you wish i can offer you secure remote assistance and can remotely connect to your computer and do the cleanup and tune up of the pc

let me know how you would like to proceed...remote assistance premium service or steps on this chat itself

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
steps on this chat please

sure

you have windows xp on the computer

is that correct?

click start..click run

in the run window type prefetch and click ok

the prefetch window will open

select all the files and delete them

then empty recycle bin

let me know once done

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok done
click start..click runin the run window type %temp% and click okthe temp window will openselect all the files and delete themthen empty recycle binlet me know once done
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK all gone except I get a message that says ...cannot delete om259. it is being used by another program

you may ignore or skip that file and can close the temp folder

next you need to download and run the ccleaner file from below link

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download/standard

once ccleaner opens, click on analyse and then clean

let me know once done

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
do i have to buy this ?

no its free trial

just use it for one time

is ccleaner running?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it wants me to sign up?

no that should not be needed

you may close it if its asking you to sign up

let me give you another tool

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK

before you run this tool that i will give below i would like you to know that the computer will reboot during the process

so you can either save this page to your favorites

or you can reopen it from justanswer email by clicking on view answer button

click on the link below to download adwcleaner

https://toolslib.net/downloads/finish/1/

double click on the downlaoded file to run it and install it

once adwcleaner window opens, click scan

then once scan completes, click clean

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK I will book mark it

ok

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
waiting for tool please

then once scan completes, click clean

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can open it getting this message....failed because dwmapi.dll was not found
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can't

click start..click run

type cmd and click ok

in the command window type the below command

sfc /scannow

press enter. there is a space in between the sfc and /

let me know once it completes

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
now it is asking me to insert my windows cd rom which i dont have
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried a couple of more times but now it just goes back to where it wants me to enter sfc /scannow

it seems that it could be windows file system corruption

i have another tool that might fix the problems without the need of using the disc

however it totally depends on whether the computer will allow us to run the file or not

i will give you the link below

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I hope so. Thanks

click here to download combbofix

once the file downloads double click on it to open/ run the file and install it

once installed, combofix will run and will take around 15-20 mins

in this process it will run through various stages and at certain times will seem to be stalled but dont worry thats part of the process

it will also restart the computer more than once during this process

once combofix completes a log report will open indicating that it has finished

once you see the log report, close the log file and the restart computer once more

this restart is very important and must be done

after the reboot your computer should be tuned up

let me know how it goes

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK i will give it a try. Thanks.I will let you know.

you are welcome

Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Sorry for delay in getting back to you. I did have to purchase a small program but it was only $9.99 a one time fee to install new drivers that were missing and a tune up as well i believe. Thank you so much for all your help. Have a Great rest of your evening!

Thanks for using the service