Well its on my other computer that keeps saying reboot and…

Well its on my...

Well its on my other computer that keeps saying reboot and select device,ect

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Toshiba satellite C55-B5100

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

About an hour, took out battery to try to clear the problem

6/25/2018
John Castle
John Castle, Computer Hardware Engineer

Welcome to JustAnswer, My name is*****
You may see a Secure Remote Assistance offer on your screen. This is optional.
Regards John

John Castle
John Castle, Computer Hardware Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok,... yes

Can you give me the error message exactly?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in boot device and press key

Do you know how to get into the BIOS?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I took out the battery to the Toshiba set up utility page

Great, does it see your hard-drive there?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think so

What is it listed as?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
would that be the HDD/SSD

Yes does it give you a model number under it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
yep,..TOSHIBA MQ01ABF050

That's good (kind of)

It means the Hard-Drive has not totally failed, in this case we have a few options to try:

• Recreate the boot loader
  • Reinstall the OS

If the boot loaded is missing we can re-create it and your computer should start as normal. If the whole drive has missing data a total reinstall is probably the best option.