Its my Ipad. it wont take my passcode. Im not sure. Just…

Customer Question
Its my Ipad. it...

Its my Ipad. it wont take my passcode

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

Im not sure

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Just tonight. I tried pushing my sleepbutton and my power button, plugged it in to my computer and pushed restore

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Computer
6/20/2018
Tech Support Specialist: John TF., Apple Consultant replied 1 month ago
John TF.
John TF., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Secure Remote Assistance is offered, please ignore it.

Does the iPad currently say it's disabled?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hello?

Ok and what happens when you try typing in your passcode?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it shakes back and forth

Ok, if you have forgotten the passcode or you know it but it still won't accept it after having restarted the iPad then it must be reset.

The following procedure is a special device firmware update mode. It will erase your Apple device, remove the passcode, and then re-sync user data once it is done (provided you have a backup of some kind).

1) Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer before attempting this:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

(Mac users can run System Preferences > “App Store” ( or Software Update for older OS X releases) > "Check now" to get the latest version for their system in most cases.)

2) Open iTunes on your computer and connect the Apple device directly to it (using the charging cable that came with it from Apple)

3) Turn off the Apple device (press the sleep/wake button on the top until you see the red slider and slide the red slider across to the right OR until the device completely shuts off).

4) Hold down the sleep/wake button (on the top) AND the home button (on the front) for 10 seconds

5) Release the sleep/wake button but CONTINUE to hold the home button, until...

6) iTunes should alert you it’s detected a device in recovery mode, click OK and continue along for the restore.

Note: it will eventually ask whether you wish to restore a backup from iTunes or from iCloud or set it up as new. You should use which ever has the latest backup of your personal data.

do you still need assistance with this issue? I would be glad to help further. Otherwise, if you could please rate to close out this session that would be much appreciated.