Scanning for malwear and computer went to bblue screen and…

Scanning for malwear and...

Scanning for malwear and computer went to bblue screen and will not boot. Can it be recovered

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Dell Inspiron

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Inspiron?

Windows 10.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

Tried to restore from restore points.. message comes up and states trouble cannot fix

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Guess that is it

6/19/2018
Aaron B
Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you. Are you able to boot into the advanced options? If so try command prompt safe mode with networking. If are unable to access the advanced options menu, then you can create a recovery drive.

You would need another computer with Windows 10 to create this USB flash drive.

Thanks,

Aaron

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am on a command prompt x:// windows/system 32. It states not enough memory. Resources are available to process this command.
There is plenty of me
Okay we were able to do the safe mode. The next window was Windows diagnosticsThen it says automatic repair and choicest are advanced options to try other options to repair or sign out
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am on my cell phone
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

You would need to be connected to the Internet on that computer with the problem in order for me to remotely connect.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is connected to the internet

You would have to boot into "safe mode with networking". Anyways, you can type in this command to run a system file check:

sfc /scannow

I recommend running it two or three times.

Aaron B
Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist

In order for me to remotely connect to your computer, please click on this Teamviewer Quick Support link:

https://download.teamviewer.com/qs

Choose "Run" or "Save". If you choose "Run", then please leave Teamviewer window open. I will need you to give me the "YOUR ID" and "PASSWORD" displayed on screen under "Allow Remote Control".

If you save it to your computer, then double click it to open Teamviewer. Leave Teamviewer open. I will need you to give me the "YOUR ID" and "PASSWORD" displayed under "Allow Remote Control" so that I can remotely connect to your computer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We are doing the system scan noe

Sounds good.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried to download team viewer. It came back and said..is not recognize as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Same responsr

Could be because your computer is having problems. I would recommend running malware, spyware, and virus scans. I use superantispyware.

I can provide a link to the free version if you want. You can run a virus scan with Windows defender that is built into Windows 10. What program were using to scan for malware?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We can't get it to do anything, how can we get it to scan for mslware
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We will try the link
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Don't remember, something husband purchased
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Please send link

Are you booted into windows safe mode with networking?

You might be able to run a scan with Windows defender in command prompt. I am looking for the exact command to run.

Please type the following command including the quotes:

"%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -Scan -ScanType 1

You should be able to open up another command prompt with administrator rights while sfc scan is still running.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am at the c: it says it can no find the path apecifies

You can try this command instead:

"%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -QuickScan

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It says it is not recognize as an intern or external
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It says it cannot find the specified path

Can you browse to this folder C:\Program Files\Windows Defender You would need to use this command twice to go to the C: root

cd ..

Then type in:

cd Program Files

cd Windows Defender

If you are able to get to that directory you can enter these commands:

MpCmdRun.exe" -Scan -ScanType 1

MSASCui.exe" -QuickScan

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nope to all...keep getting same message

After the sfc scan is complete then restart your computer and see if you are able to boot into normal windows mode. If you cannot then you can try performing a check disk scan.

Type this command:

chkdsk c: /f /r

Type Y for yes at a volume in use message. Restart your computer and do not touch the keyboard. A check disk scan should begin within 10 seconds.

If a check disk scan does not begin enter the command again and schedule it again. Running sfc and chkdsk might fix your computer enough so that it will boot normally.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok it is running chkdsl
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is in stage. 5 looking for bad or. Free clusters

ok

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is finished..trying reboot now
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well, nothing...and the program was spyhunyer

Have you tried a "Reset this PC"?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will not let us reset

After running sfc and chckdsk scans sometimes system restore and reset this pc will work.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nope

If you do NOT have any important data on that computer, you might be able to perform a factory recovery or reset.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How

You might find it in a F11 or F12 menu. You would press one of those keys before Windows tries to boot. If you give me the Dell service tag I can try to find out.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
F12 got us to boot menu..

Is there a factory recovery option?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We hit diagnostics....it's checking cup 1,2,3

You could try pressing F8 before windows tries to boot as well.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is running memory test activities

.