I got a new (to me) computer, and I am having problems

I got a new...

I got a new (to me) computer, and I am having problems getting back to a Facebook I recognize. I just want the same list of friends I had on my old computer, and it seems to have a lot of problems forcing it to repeatedly go into diagnostics and restart earliers.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Windows seven

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Facebook?

I updated the Facebook on the old computer about three weeks ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I want my old Friends list back.

6/19/2018
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue. IMPORTANT - If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you DO NOT want remote support, please IGNORE the computer generated prompts and resume chat. If you are using an iPad or iPhone please do not request remote support. It isn’t possible to do that…

Is it possible you are in a different account?

Sometimes people have more than one and dont realize it and think their account has been changed when in fact the REAL account is under a different email address altogether... Is this possible?

I have a cheap dumb phone, not a smart phone. :)

Can you give me about 20 mins before we start the remote session?

Michael T
OK. I can wait.

Please click HERE then you will see a file called ScreenConnect automatically download to your computer

You must OPEN this file to connect with me

Im ready to connect when you are

Standing by to stand by.

Follow instructions above to connect to me

Go ahead.

Nothing is going to happen until you follow and complete my instructions given to you to connect

Is that the Flag-R?

What does that mean?

Here it is again, Please click HERE then you will see a file called ScreenConnect automatically download to your computer

Once I was suckered into giving a remote control option on a computer. I don't want to go into it, but he asked me to hit the R and the key with four blocks on it to start.

I literally have no idea what you are talking about... I havent told you to do any of that at all

OK

Are you going to connect or no? I have other people waiting

Did that fix it?

You are saying random sentences to me that make no sense at all....

PLEASE EXPLAIN

I did the windows logo and R together that gave up remote control the last time I did it. Did that work?

I did not tell you to do that, I gave you instructions on what to do TWICE

found it.

OK I see you clicking my link, you need to open the file that you see download to connect to me

I didn't see where the run box came up at first.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried to get back in, and I was blocked. It said that I had to wait at least 24 hours before trying again, and right now, it said that there was some sort of technical problem. :(
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry I haven't been back in touch but like I said, it blocked me for attempting too much in a day.
I will be ok this evening. I will remote in and take a look
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK. I hope I can get it straight soon so I can get back to my old friends list.
I will certainly do my best to make that happen