Michael
Michael, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Senior Consultant & Chief Engineer in systems development environments
96232434

My phone is locked needing passeord but because of paddword:

My phone is locked needing passeord but because of paddword I am
JA: When were you last able to use your phone?
Customer: My phone is requesting password ***** password ***** used won't open it. Was able to go to recovery on tablet and computer but not able to phone.
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi, My name is***** to JustAnswer.com. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Is this a good time to work on this for you?

.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2 days ago. Its waiting for password ***** password ***** use for computer won't work for phone
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

what is the make and model of your phone, please?

what kind of phone do u have?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Samsung Galaxy 8
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't want to use passwords to get in

ok. do u mean you want to take the password *****?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Every time I want to use my phone I have to put in password

I understand. from 1 to 10 how important is the data in your phone. Can it be reset to factory settings like you just bought ur phone?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have pictures data in there that I use for my buisness

It seems u have to reset your phone and delete all ur data. is that an option for you. You might also be able to purchase off the shelf apps that can open ur phone. Will u be interested in that?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What does that cost
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If I have everything in computer i shouldn't lose that right

I'm not sure. I have to investigate to see what is available and reputable. would u like me to do that or just reset the phone?

things u have in your computer will remain unchanged but your phone will go back to its original state when u first bought it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Just reset phone

Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
K

Please watch this video and follow its instruction. You will have access to your phone in no time. But first before you forget

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating!

Here is the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-bOhMLOwp8

I am standing bye in case if you a have any follow up question even after you rate the services u received from me. Thank you and good luck.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what do I do now
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Still asking for password. Should I shut it off

just click here watch the video and follow its instructions, please.

let me know how it went as soon as your done or have a question.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am not able to turn my phone off without using password

password ***** not stop you from powering off your phone. Please just continue to keep your finger on the power button and it will turn off. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
it goes to safe mode

ok. just a moment, please.

How to power on, power off and reboot Galaxy S8 and S8+ even when phone hangs?

You may know you can use power button to power on Galaxy S8 or power off Galaxy S8 and S8+.

But do you know how to power off Galaxy S8 and S8+ if your Galaxy S8 or S8+ hangs and does not respond to power button?

This guide will show you how to power on, power off and reboot Galaxy S8 and S8 at any situations, including when the phone hangs (power button is not responsive).

Use power button to power on Galaxy S8, power off Galaxy S8, and to reboot Galaxy S8 and S8+

When Galaxy S8 or S8+ is powered off, you can always press and hold power button for a few seconds to power on (turn on) the phone as shown below.

Please note, Galaxy S8 (and S8+) power button is located in the right side of the phone as explained in Galaxy S8 layout and Galaxy S8+ layout page.

Some owners may press the Bixby button, which is located in the left side of Galaxy S8 and S8+ and below volume buttons, mistakenly for power button.

When the phone is powered on, if you press and hold power button for more than 7 seconds, you will then reboot Galaxy S8 and S8+. This is considered as forced reboot.

If you press and hold the power button for 2-4 seconds, you will get the Galaxy S8 power button options:

• Power off. Tap this button (marked as 1 in the screenshot below) to power off Galaxy S8 and S8+.
  • Restart. Tap this button (marked as 2 in the screenshot below) to reboot Galaxy S8 or S8+. This essentially is powering off Galaxy S8, then powering it on.
  • Use emergence mode.

Using power button options is the safest way to reboot Galaxy S8 or S8+. The system will try to save all necessary data and close apps gracefully.

If you press and hold the power button for 2-4 seconds, you will get the GalaxyS8 power button options:

1. Power off. Tap this button (marked as 1 in the screenshot below) to power off Galaxy S8 and S8+.
  2. Restart. Tap this button (marked as 2 in the screenshot below) to reboot Galaxy S8 or S8+. ...
  3. Use emergence mode.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
can you send me the how to reset the phone

were u able to turn it off?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I hit the emer mode and does not shut it off

why do u hit the emergency mode. That calls the police and medical help. Hold the power button down 2 to 4 seconds then then choose option 1.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I hit the power button and there is no opt 1 or 2
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I hope the police dont come

I don't think they are. May I ask how old you are?

what happens when u hold the power down for 4 seconds. what shows up on the screen?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am not computer whiz ect. Im in my 60

OH. I see. so don't worry about the police. maybe you can ask then to turn ur phone off if they showed up.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
power off restart, emer mode

ok. then choose the power off option.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i did that and it is asking for password ***** it to turn off

I don't understand. OK then take the battery out. that will do it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There is no battery. Just a card

how big is the card?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I thought you can get into my phone when I signed up for the 39.00 for you to help me
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
sim card

How can u take the back out and see the sim but not see the battery? I don't understand. Just a moment please while I get more info?

whatch this video. this must answer all ur questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=B7Mkp3wdwu4

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
You cant take the back out. The sim card is on the side of the phone. Remember its a S 8 .

battery is the square thing on the right side. just reach out and take it out or watch the video, please.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for your time. I fixed it myself. Wasted 39.00

With due respect, I have been working with you for over an hour. I sent u directions and finally a video to show you what battery looks like. That was not a waste. U received a service that helped you resolve your issue if I may say.

Madam, Frankly I am surprised and did not expect to hear that from you. I am surprised madam about what u said. U did not even know how to turn ur phone off, could not recognize the battery while it was right in front of you. I helped you so patiently and respectfully. I had to find a video that could show you how to turn the power off or even once the back is out what the battery looks like and then once you received all my guidance and research you cease communication until u make the last comment. Do you think it is fair how you evaluated my time and effort? Do you really think your last statement was fair?

Thank you. I appreciate your kind and fairness.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I fixed it myself. I wasted 39.00 considering I fixed it myself. Thanks