I have a Lenovo Yoga 720. I also use an external monitor…

Customer Question
I have a Lenovo...

I have a Lenovo Yoga 720. I also use an external monitor when I am home. All of a sudden my laptop won't recognize the external monitor and won't send the signal;.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently?

Wasn't aware there were any/

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I ahve only had he laptop for a few months

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
6/1/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

How is your monitor connected to the laptop?

I have an HDMI cord going into a HDMI/USB C adapter.

Okay, I can connect remotely to help you resolve this issue. Are you at the computer now?

Are you still there

Yes, I am here.

Do you have a solution?

You will need to accept the offer for remote access so I can connect to sort through the issue.

No. Your origiinal offer was for $5. I am not interested in a lead in for more money. If you can't fix it for the $5, then just say so and refund my money.

Okay, thank you, ***** ***** nice day.