I just got a wireless router and it went out the other day…

Customer Question
Hey pearl, i just...

Hey pearl, i just got a wireless router and it went out the other day so i hit the reset button... so i hear that is the worst thing you can do

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

Yep, in have it plugged into the laptop and it says connected

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

Small and long are both blinking orange, its only plugged into the poer cord

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Power*

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
6/1/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me what is the make and model of the router?

n450 db?
duel band
f9k1105v2 is the model

Could you please tell me how you are getting internet? Is it through the modem/wall outlet from your internet service provider?

im on st john usvi and we are just getting internet restored to island after the 2 cat 5's and its through a non profit which has super limited hours. i bought the router separate and after a few very regular power outages i hit the reset button and i havent been able to use the password *****
wall outlet
the connecter thing is mounted on the outside
they ran the cable with the yellow cord in through the wall which i have plugged into a laptop
its a non profit service provider called love city community network

Could you please tell me what is the light on the the Belkin router, you are getting when you connect the wall outlet to the Belkin router(Wan slot) Yellow slot? It is suppose to be solid blue, please check and let me know so that we can proceed further.

hardwire is in the laptop in the yellow slot. router is only plugged into power and is orange
blinking orange
if i put the yellow cable into the wifi router will i lose connection with you?

I understand, I am go to check only the light status when the router is connect to the wall outlet(internet). So you need to connect the cable from the wall outlet to the belkin router on the Yellow port which say wan. Wait for 1 min and check if you can see the solid light(either solid orange or solid blue).

ok
ok solid blue
but i lost the connection and had to plug it back into the laptop to respond
i cant get the belkin router setup page to load on the laptop even with the hardwire connection
hello?

I am really sorry for inconvinence, For some reason I am unable to reply you. Could you please tell me whether you still need assistance on this issue? So that I can proceed further.