I have a Roland Camm -1 (PNC-12000 Plotter and need the

Customer Question
I have a Roland...

I have a Roland Camm -1 (PNC-12000 Plotter and need the windows 10 drivers

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer?

Lenovo Think Center

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your computer?

Nothing I couldn't find the driver for windows 10.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

The plotter is a Roland Camm 1 (PNC-1200)

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
5/30/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Micky, Lead Systems Engineer replied 2 months ago
Micky
Micky, Lead Systems Engineer

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. This is a premium / paid support service.

There is no need for Secure Remote Assistance at this moment.

According to the official Roland supporot page;

http://support.rolanddga.com/_layouts/rolanddga/productdetail.aspx?pm=pnc-1200

Your plotter is not supported in Windows 10 and neither in Windows 8.

While for other Roland plotters, you can install the drivers for Windows 8 in compatibility mode, for this specific model there is no possible workaround.

The latest driver available is for Windows XP that might be used in compatibility mode for Windows Vista.

I might suggest to use a Virtual Machine for example with Virtual Box, Vmware Workstation, or Parallel.

You can download VirtualBox for free from: https://www.virtualbox.org

Using this software, you can install a separate Windows XP image inside your Computer, without the need to format or make a dual boot. However expect it slower than the normal usage.

Once you have installed it, you will need to install your plotter drivers in your Windows XP installation in VirtualBox.

Let me know if you need further assistance before leaving any negative feedback.

If this reply satisfy your need, please provide a positive feedback (from 3 to 5 star is considered positive)

Best Regards,
Micky [EMEA Timezone]