Not so much a question, but guidance please. I had a call,

Customer Question
Not so much a...

Not so much a question, but guidance please.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

I had a call , several in fact, indicating my Microsoft Windows License Key has expired. Is this ligit or possibly fraud?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

For a while. They called me 5 times already. I've done nothing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. It just doesn't sound right.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
5/30/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Computer Expert replied 2 months ago
Jason Jones, Computer Expert

I look forward to helping you today.

That is 100% most definitely a scam. Your Windows License Key never expires. This is one of the new scams that the criminals out there are trying to use. If you wish, you may contact the local authorities and let them know about this.

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

For some reason I could not find a way to the $5.00 fee. Your system moved me to a screen to pay for one of three options starting at $47.00 and up. I allowed PayPal payment because I had no other alternative to pay the $5.00. Pay Pal indicates the payment of $47.00 was already paid and could not be stopped. Two things.
1 I don’t want to join anything at any cost PER MONTH. If that means I need to put it in writing this is my notification. I don’t want any more charges to my account.2. Asking if can at least refund $42.00 of the $47.00 to PayPal.Please indicate what you will or won’t do to make sure I decline any future payments.Thank for the follow up.

I am not part of billing, but you may contact them at one of the following numbers. Thank you.

US/Canada (###) ###-####br />Available 6am to 9pm PST

International
Australia 1800-679-634
New Zealand 0800-452-621
United Kingdom 0***-***-****
The rest of the world 1-***-***-****