I want to delete some old conversations on skype. Windows…

Customer Question
I want to delete...

I want to delete some old conversations on skype

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Did you click Start and open the Programs control panel to uninstall the Skype?

I don't want to uninstall skype. I just want to delete some old conversations

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
5/30/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your Skype conversations. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

Did you see my question?

There are different ways to do this. You mentioned windows 10, so i am sending you the directions and a link for more options to delete in case you want instant messenger chat convos deleted too.

I don't see your answer
  • Right click on the chat you would like to delete.
  • Click Delete chat from the menu.
  1. In the confirmation window, click Delete again.

When you delete a chat, all the messages in the conversation are deleted, and it will no longer show in your recent chats. The chat will be deleted from that specific device, but will still be visible on other devices unless you delete it from there too.

For other devices and messages:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34636/how-do-i-delete-instant-messages-in-skype?q=delete

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA34806/how-do-i-remove-instant-messages-i-ve-sent-in-the-new-skype-on-desktop

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin

I have right clicked on the conversations, but the menu does not open

Look at those other two links i sent in that message. You may be accessing it that way.

If they dont help you, tell me if you are using a downloaded version of skype on your pc, or in outlook.com or other way you access it.