I have my extra monitor (ASUS) plugged into my laptop but I…

Customer Question
I have my extra...

I have my extra monitor (ASUS) plugged into my laptop but I can't get it to work

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

HP Elitebook, Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your EliteBook? Have you installed any updates recently?

I have not installed any updates

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

When I plug and unplug the monitor from my laptop, it makes the sound like it recognizes something was connected or disconnected from it. And when I connect the monitor, I see the ASUS logo on the monitor screen for 10 seconds and then it goes black.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
5/30/2018
Tech Support Specialist: John, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
John, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to Justanswer which is a paid independent Q&A and Tech support providing site. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

Is this monitor connected using HDMI cable also what is the full model and serial of the HP Elitebook ?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

the monitor is connected to my laptop using the ASUS cable that came with the monitor. It has a usb on one end (connected to my laptop) and at the other end the connection is shaped like a thin "B".
Where do I find the serial number information on my laptop?

Please check on the bottom of the laptop for model and serial.

Let me know the model of the Asus monitor too.

there is no model and serial number on the bottom of the laptop

Press windows + r key then type msinfo32 and press enter that will open system information window in that look for system model also

let me know the model of the Asus monitor.