I can only see my CCTV when home. I understand that there…

Customer Question
I can only see...

I can only see my CCTV when home. I understand that there may be a HTTP service to be included in the modem/router but I cannot see where to add. it is a TG789 modem router with iiNET NBN

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Technicolor, I think

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

As i mentioned it works at home. i found a link in google where that same issue occurred in a different NBN network and the resolution was toi ass an entry to the ACL: HTTP service - WAN

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Computer
5/30/2018
Tech Support Specialist: arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist replied 24 days ago
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to Justanswer.

My name is ***** ***** I am sorry to hear that you have this issue. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and provide the best solution possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected.

May i know the model of your CCTV camera DVR?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
The iPhone app is iDMSS Lite. it only works at home (within my domain).

Not the iphone app... The name of your camera box

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
The local connection to the CCTV DVR is via Smart PSS

Can you give me the model no also

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
i am not sure that is the issue. surely if it works locally the configuration of the DVR and modem/router is OK . i would have thought it would be an issue with the modem/router accepting the signal via the internet. it is configured using a DDNS thgrough no-ip.com
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
hello

In that case, set up the details of the domain in the device manager settings

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
i am not sure what you are referring to. There is no device manage setting on the modem .
WAN services has been configured to hold the domain, user name, password ***** it shows no-ip.com as the service name. when this was completed i was able to view locally

Its not in the modem settings you have to change. You have to do go to the Camera DVR settings page

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Those details were also setup in the DVR

Which details?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Server type - no-ip DDNS, serverip, domain name, user name and password.as i said it works locally so the configurations should be ok. it appears to be a security issue or like when accessing from internet outside my home

Do you have any configurations put in for the server IP, domain name, user name and password?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I ma not sure what you mean,
those details are entered in both the dvr & modem configurations

In that case, did you try accessing your iDMSS app when you were outside?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
that is the issue that i am trying to resolve.if my iPhone uses wifi at home it is ok, if wifi is off it cannot connect. I thought that was the issue i identified at the beginning

How about using cellular data?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
that is the issue, it will not connect even at home if i turn wifi off. i always have cellular data on if wifi is not present

Are you getting any errors when you use that app?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
i am sure it is a modem/router configuration as i mentioned at the beginning. there was a similar issue that was resolved by adding a service to the ACL for HTTP

WHat is ACL?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
this is the google anser to the issue - its just that i cannot locaye where to enter on my modem
https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/No-IP-dns-only-works-on-local-network-does-not-work-outside/td-p/954
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
A network access control list (ACL) is an optional layer of security for your VPC that acts as a firewall for controlling traffic in and out of one or more subnets.

May i have the model no of your router?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I did enter it at the beginning TG789

Sorry... Just give me a minute

Do you have an option to port forward in the modem setup page?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
in WAN services there is port forwarding.
there is already an entry for the security cameras in the IPv4 Port forwarding table and an entry in the DynDNS for the no-ip service

So what do you get when you try to access the software using the cellular data

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
failed to connect

Do you have the dynamic update client running on your computer?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
that part has been tested and all is ok. i have taken the network down and it has allocated a new ip, in house that worked fine in that the new ip was picked up

Did you check whether the port forwarding is working fine?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
it worked when my internet access had a fixed ip. it works when i am home.do you not agree with the solution presented in the google article?

The google article asks you to do a port forwarding rule

Try using this link to check the status of the forwarded port

http://www.portchecktool.com/

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
If you want to access the modem webpage, you need to configure a new ACL rule to allow HTTP WAN access
· Go to Internet -> Network Security -> ACL. Click “New ACL”
· Configure HTTP WAN service as per below screenshot
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Problem! I could not see your service on 14.2.201.200 on port (6970).
Reason: Connection timed out.

Its not forwarded properly

Will you be able to remove the ACL rule and add the entry once more?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
the port forward is:
protocol: TCP/UDP
WAN port 6970
LAN port: 6970
dest. ip...
dest MAC...
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
do i remove and put in the same?

Yes

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
same response on the port checker

Restart your router and check

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
same response

In that case, you will have to get a good router for this

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
what do you mean

A new router

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
the router is supplied by the internet provider and was only installed a couple of weeks ago

You will have to get that replaced then but i am not sure the new one will rectify this issue. I had the same issue a couple of years before and i end up getting a new router and which does the router part while the modem from my ISP does the modem part to get internet to the new router.