Im setting up my AC88U but cant quite get it to work - can…

Customer Question
Hi Im setting up...

Hi Im setting up my AC88U but cant quite get it to work - can you assit?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

HP Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I have a bridged Telsra smart model leading into the AC88U wia WAN

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
5/30/2018
Tech Support Specialist: arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to Justanswer.

My name is ***** ***** I am sorry to hear that you have this issue. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and provide the best solution possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected.

ok will do

SO you have connected a network cable from the Telstra modem to your router, right?

I am connected to the Telstra broadband via a Telstra FTTN/FTTB modem which I have placed in bridge mode so I can use my Asus88U
The Asus 88U is connected to the Telstra bridgeed modem via wan cable
On the system status page it shown me that it is connected to the internet ("Internet status connected")"but I cant use the internet on any of my computers when I connect to the Asus88U modem
hello are you there?

Which port have you connected the network cable to into the Testra modem and also the ASUS router?

in the Telstra model it is in port 1 and in Asus 88U it is in WAN port
modem!

Are you getting that Internet status connected message on the router page?

on the Asus network map

OKay... So what device have you connected to the router? Also is it connected wired or wireless?

Are you referring to the Asus router - I have computers connected via wireless
Telstra internet ------- Telstra smart modem(in bridge mode)----------Asus88U -------wireless-----computer

Why do you need to use bridge mode?

because i have my whote network set up to run off Asus router

But that will also work in the normal mode

I need the features of the Asus88U !!!
much better capabilitites
hello you there?

I am confused... You will be able to use the capabilities of the router since you are using it.