Black screen pc desktop will not turn on. Desktop windows…

Customer Question
Black screen pc desktop...

Black screen pc desktop will not turn on

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your laptop?

Desktop windows 10

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried rebooting from a DVD or flash drive?

Yes, both

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
pc down cannot connect to internert
5/30/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Eric Ewing, IT Pro replied 2 months ago
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience: I am a technology professional with 20 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).

Hi! I'm Eric, a computer expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

I'm sorry to hear about the problem. Let me collect some additional information. To start with, does anything at all seem to happen when you press the computer's power button? Do you see anything at all on the screen, or hear any noises from the computer? If so, please describe what you're seeing or hearing.

power button on see disk drive light on for a few seconds. Also DVD light for a few seconds. never screen comes on.
no remote. pc never on
never noise

Yes, please ignore anything you see re: Remote Assistance; that service offer is being auto-generated from our system and will not help us here.

If the power light/disk light/DVD light is coming on for just a moment, and then turning right off, that typically indicates a short in the computer's power supply (there is a chance the short could be on the motherboard or with another component, but that is considerably rarer). In order to resolve this, the power supply will need replaced.

I'm happy to check whether your computer is still under warranty -- or provide a part recommendation and directions for repair, if not. What company made your computer, and what model is it?

Dell 7010. Two software programs did the blackness. Please provide part. PC is only a few weeks old
forget dell warrenty

It will take me a few moments to find a source for the part, but I will return to you ASAP!

It appears the Dell 7010 comes in 4 form-factors: Desktop, Mini-Tower, Small Form Factor, and Ultra-Small Form Factor. They all require different power supplies, so do you know which you have? If not, please let me know your serial # and I'll look up the specs.

desktop I have a new AMD 5000 video card. Is there a bigger 250W that would fit.

Gotcha. I'll look to try and find a "bigger" power supply, but in the meantime...does your computer boot without that video card in? Most of the 5000 series requires a much more powerful PSU. Please let me know, as that may change the way we approach this.

I pulled the video card. The hard drive is humming. The power supply is barely warm.
i7 35xx processor
2t hard drive. 16gb ram
Tech Support Specialist: Justin Johnson,
 replied 2 months ago
Justin Johnson

Hi! I am Justin. I see the previous expert has opened the question up to the rest of the experts. Are you still in need of assistance?