My Kindle Paperwhite will not unlock. Just a day or so ago…

Customer Question
My Kindle Paperwhite will...

My Kindle Paperwhite will not unlock

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kindle?

Just a day or so ago and the battery was not dead

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
5/29/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Nathan, Systems Manager replied 2 months ago
Nathan, Systems Manager

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.
The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for exactly 20 seconds (no more, no less). Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

this worked ; however I was just alerted that my card was charged $31 instead of the $5 I agreed to! please let me know how to fix this!

Did you click on a request for a phone call or remote support?