I have a two node system up and running. I have purchased…

Customer Question
I have a two...

I have a two node system up and running.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

I have purchased another two node system that I want to install to better cover certain areas of my house.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I cannot connect the new nodes with the existing ones. Can you help me? Thanks,

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Jay

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I have followed the instructions from the App and I am stuck at the point where the new node is looking for the internet

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
5/29/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 2 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The nodes are from a Linksys Velop.
I have followed the instructions using the app, but the new nodes do not want to connect with the old nodes yo receive the wifi signal.

To add a node to your existing system:

Step 1:
Launch the Linksys app on your mobile device.

Step 2:
On the Dashboard, tap the Navigation Menu icon.

Step 3:
Scroll down then tap on Set Up a New Product.

Step 4:
Tap on Add Nodes to xxxxx.

Step 5:

You might be prompted to turn ON your Bluetooth connection for setup.

Step 6:
Read the tips on the How to place your node screen then tap Next.

Step 7:
Gather all the items shown on the screen. Tap Next once ready.

Step 8:
Plug in a node then tap Next.

Step 9:
Wait for the light to turn solid purple, then tap The light is purple.

Setup will now look for your Velop node.

Step 10:
Once your node has been detected, tap Next.

Step 11:
Wait while the node is being added to your Velop system.

Step 12:
If Setup detects that your node's placement is optimal, it will show you the Just right screen. Tap Next to proceed.

Setup might suggest that you move your node closer or farther for optimal range and coverage. You may follow the instructions provided, then tap Try again. Otherwise, you may leave your node where it is then tap I'd like to leave it here.

Step 13:
You’ll be prompted to Give your node a name. Select the name that best describes the location of the node and tap Next.

Step 14:
On the Success! screen, tap Next.

Step 15:
If you want to add a node, tap Add Another node. Otherwise, tap That's it for Now.

Step 16:
On the Always fresh screen, tap Next.

You have now successfully added a child node to your existing Velop system.

--------------------

Thanks for the opportunity to assist you, your satisfaction is my priority. I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------