Why is the battery not being charged, even though the power…

Customer Question
Why is the battery...

Why is the battery not being charged, even though the power line is connected?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Asus laptop

Technician's Assistant: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Asus?

Windows 10. Where do I find thew model number?

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your Asus? Have you installed any updates recently?

No recent updates.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

The computer was not used or connected for two weeks. Now that I am back, I connected it, I can use it with the powerline, but not with the battery. It is at zero and stays there.

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Computer
5/29/2018
Tech Support Specialist: murpmi00, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 23 days ago
murpmi00
murpmi00, Computer Hardware Engineer
Hi this is Mike and I will offer my assistance. Can you follow these steps for soft reset if not already done?
Shut down laptop
Unplug ac adapter and all peripherals
Remove battery
Plug is ac adapter and power up
Shut down with holding power button for 10 seconds
Unplug ac adapter
Install battery
Connect adapter
Power upAs I strive for a 5 star rating, please let me know how else I can assist it ask me another question. Thanks.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Nice idea, Mike, but this Asus laptop does not provide access to the battery. I tried shutting it down the way you suggested, it does not help
Tech Support Specialist: murpmi00, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 22 days ago
Hi. If you turn it over remove the 9 screws then flip over and open the keyboard tray can be wedged out and once the 2 blue cables are unplugged the keyboard lifts out exploding the battery in the back..please let me know. Thanks
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I'll have to get a tiny screwdriver for that. Maybe tomorrow.
Ok.its exposing not exploding..typo.
Tech Support Specialist: murpmi00, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 19 days ago

Hi Checking in to see if I answered your question or if you need further assistance.

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
OK, so I got the screwdrivers. I managed to open 8 of the 9 screws, the ninth would not move. I could still open the lid halfway, saw no possibility for removing the keyboard as you suggested. But meanwhile, the wide cable that connects the keyboard came off, I could not figure out how to re-attach it. I finally re-assembled the laptop, it still works with power input, but the keyboard is no working, unless I use an auxilliary keyboard. And while the small icon in the tray sometimes says "plugged in, charging", about 20% of the times -- the other times it says "plugged in, not charging" -- yet in fact the charge remains at 0%. So I am not better off than I was. Not your fault, perhaps if I could have opened it up completely -- but I could still not re-attach that cable.
Tech Support Specialist: murpmi00, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 16 days ago

Sorry this isnt going smoothly. When you remove the 9 screws the face plate with the keyboard pulls off from the back towards the front. There ware 2 possibly 3 cables that show up when the keyboard is about an inch off. These can put removed with fingers pinching where cables connect to the unit, the battery in the back can then be removed and reset in as per previous instructions. Sounds like until the keyboard comes entirely off you dont have access to the battery. We need to get the battery out/in. As far as keyboard, make sure the cables reattach.

Customer reply replied 16 days ago
let's just forget about it. Thanks anyway.