I'm getting a message saying "your sbcglobal settings are…

Customer Question
I'm getting a message...

I'm getting a message saying "your sbcglobal settings are out of date". What does that mean and what do I do about it?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Dell Vostro 220 - purchased 12/08. How do I find info about the OS?

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Vostro?

Windows

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Vostro? Have you installed any updates recently?

What have I tried? Please explain. I think I am up to date - how can I check that?

Technician's Assistant: The Laptop Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No ... thanks

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
How much was I charged? It was supposed to be $5 for the 7 day trial
Is anyone there?
5/29/2018
Tech Support Specialist: murpmi00, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
murpmi00
murpmi00, Computer Hardware Engineer
Hi. Let's start with some steps most common to this type of out of date error.
Check your password
The most common cause of an out-of-date account is an incorrect password. Select Fix account in the notification bar at the top of the Mail or Calendar app. If your password ***** ***** you'll see a message asking you to update your password. Enter the new password ***** choose Done.Tip: If you want to change the password ***** your account with your email provider—for example, Gmail or iCloud—you'll need to visit the website for your email provider. See Change your password ***** more information.Check your security certificate
If your password ***** the problem, you may have a certificate error. If so, you'll see a message that says, "There is a problem with the server's security certificate. The security certificate is not from a trusted certifying authority."This error often happens when you don't use SSL to secure your email account. To fix this error, use the following steps.Choose Settings > Manage Accounts.Choose the account that's out-of-date to display the account settings dialog.Choose Change mailbox sync settings > Advanced mailbox settings. You may have to scroll down in the dialog to see Advanced mailbox settings.Check the boxes for Require SSL for incoming email and Require SSL for outgoing email and then choose Done > Save.Let me know results.I work based on a ratings so please let me know if I can assist further. Thank you