My issue is with my icloud. I have a unused phone number as…

Customer Question
Good morning, my issue...

Good morning, my issue is with my icloud. I have a unused phone number as my second point of authentication. It was my phone number in the past. But that number I don't have access to. I'm trying to continue with my icloud account but I can't bypass that. I have my username and password

Technician's Assistant: When were you last able to use your phone?

I'm sorry if this may be the wrong department. I figured I would ask anyway

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The Smartphone Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your photos, contacts and other data.

No I didn't. I was afraid to use that option.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's all. Thanks

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
Thank you
I always use my iPhone. I just can't get through the icloud. But it works fine otherwise
Am I going to get an answer??? My card has already been charged!
5/28/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Donna French, Programmer replied 2 months ago
Donna French
Donna French, Programmer

Hi there, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts here on JustAnswer.com. I apologize that it has taken so long for someone to reply to your request. Please give me a minute to review the details of your issue. Is there any other info that you’d like me to know before we move forward?

To make sure I am understanding your question correctly...your phone is using the iCloud but you are not able to sign in to your iCloud account to make changes. Is this correct?

that's correct

Okay, let me see what can be done to get this resolved

What is your Apple ID?

I'm not using the device right now to chat with you.

What is your Apple ID?

My username is***@******.***

And what is the phone number that ends with 81 associated with the account?

That was my previous iPhone number. The number was(###) ###-####before I changed it due to prank calls

Do you have another Apple device that you can use?

I have my iPhone right here. That number for my iPhone is(###) ###-####
Should I open the chat on my iPhone

Okay, please go through the steps at: https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

I should open the link on my iPhone? Right now I am using my business phone which is a Android

You can do this link on the Android but you will need access to an Apple device to complete the steps.