Purchased this computer from preivate individual. Lately…

Customer Question
Purchased this computer...

Purchased this computer from preivate individual. Lately have been getting dropdown messages that my microsoft liccene is expiring. Gound license key, went to settings, nowhhere to enter it. Is this msg from Micreosoft or an on line scam?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Leevorno thinkpad w/windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your ThinkPad? Have you installed any updates recently?

Lots of windows updates this last week

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just suspect scam

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
5/28/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer premium service, thank you for utilizing this.
I will be assisting you to fix the issue you are having.

Fake email from Microsoft Account team - WATCH OUT

Microsoft or Apple do not send unsolicited email messages or make unsolicited phone calls to request personal or financial information or fix your computer. Treat all unsolicited phone calls or pop-ups with skepticism. Do not provide any personal information.

These fake pop-ups are nothing more than a scam, and you should not give away your username and password ***** any account recovery codes and do not purchase anything from numbers listed in these alerts.

Whatever you do, please do not call the phone number for support because it is not Apple or Microsoft’s but rather a group of scammers waiting to rob you of hundreds of dollars under false pretenses.

The fake Tech Support pages are usually malicious websites which are used by cyber criminals to promote their remote support services. These Tech Support pop-ups will state that you computer is infected and that you need to call their paid support service to remove the infection. This is a bogus claim, and an attempt to make you pay for their fake system updates, malware and virus removal “services.”

you can download and run few of the protection tools like anti malware and anti browser hijack free tools from google search and run them on the computer to make sure it absolutely clean.

no

License never expires

PLEASE NOTE: You may see ADDITIONAL SERVICES offer which is automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. you may close the offer if you don't want to avail additional service, we can continue with the chat service you have opted for.

Any question let me know.