I have a Toshiba laptop Satellite that I just refreshed and…

Customer Question
I have a Toshiba...

I have a Toshiba laptop Satellite that I just refreshed and updated windows 10. My password ***** longer worked when the computer started up. I clicked forgot my password ***** rest in Microsoft and it still did not work. I tried going to safe mode by pressing and holding the shift key and clicking the power button and now my computer won't come on. PLEASE HELP

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried rebooting from a DVD or flash drive?

NO

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Computer
5/28/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Dan, Computer Support Specialist replied 21 days ago
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. Does your laptop have a removable battery?

Okay. Remove the battery and AC power if connected, then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Reconnect power and see if it will start normally.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I disconnected the battery for 30 seconds and reconnected and still didn't come on
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
My computer won't come on how can you remotely control

Did you hold the power button down while all power was disconnected?

You may disregard the Premium Service Offer for Remote Support. That is an automated popup initiated by the web site.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Ok the power just came on.

Okay

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Now that it is on can you address the first problem with the password

Are you seeing the password ***** before Windows starts or after?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
After

When signing in to your computer, do you see “The password ***** *****? Try again”. If so, this indicates you are using a local computer account and may need a password ***** disc. If you see “That password ***** ***** Make sure you are using the password ***** your Microsoft account”, then you are logging in to a Microsoft cloud account. You can go to Microsoft’s password ***** page to try to reset your account password. Please let me know which way you sign in so that I can assist you.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
When signing in I get a message that says that password ***** ***** Make sure you're using the password ***** your Microsoft account. I clicked the forgot my password ***** reset I get a message that says the password ***** been rest for my email account but doesn't work when trying to sign into the computer

Can you check this LINK and let me know if this is where you reset your password *****?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I changed my password ***** it still isn't working for my signing into Windows
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I'm still receiving the message I sent previously regarding incorrect password

Normally when you change it at the Microsoft site, it can take several minutes, or up to an hour or better to take effect. If you just installed Windows 10, you could reinstall it and that would reset the password ***** well.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
When my computer first comes on it has the user's I clicked my name it asks for a password ***** can't retrieve my password ***** can't get in to reinstall Windows 10
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
When my computer first comes on it has the user's name to choose from. I clicked my name it asks for a password ***** can't retrieve my password ***** can't get in to reinstall Windows 10
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
By clicking I forgot my password ***** on resets my email account connected to Microsoft

Go to this LINK. Click on the Download tool now button. Run the media creation tool. Select Create installation media for another PC. Choose the language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit) for Windows 10. Follow the steps to create the installation media, and then select Finish when it’s done. When you’re ready to perform a clean installation, turn on your PC, insert the DVD or USB flash drive you created, and then shut down your PC and restart. This should allow your PC to boot from the disc you just made.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I don't have a DVD or Flash drive currently available
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I will get them both and contact Toshiba tomorrow

Well, that is about your only option to clearing the password, unless you want to try purchasing a password ***** disk? You can purchase one for about $10 depending on whether your laptop has a CD/DVD drive or not.

If you found my assistance helpful, please remember to rate my service. Have a nice day!

Dan, Computer Support Specialist