I typed the wrong password. and now it is locked up. Ther…

Customer Question
I typed the wrong...

I typed the wrong password. and now it is locked up. Ther info that you have is old. I did update it some time ago but it did not save it.Can you reset it for me?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Lap top

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Hp windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?

No new ones

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I do not think so

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Computer
5/28/2018
Tech Support Specialist: Dan, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
Dan, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. When signing in to your computer, do you see “The password ***** *****? Try again”. If so, this indicates you are using a local computer account and may need a password ***** disc. If you see “That password ***** ***** Make sure you are using the password ***** your Microsoft account”, then you are logging in to a Microsoft cloud account. You can go to Microsoft’s password ***** page to try to reset your account password. Please let me know which way you sign in so that I can assist you.